Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Prowler Pro gears - seen any?

• LH Performance Modification Discussions
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

LH Performance Modification Discussions
 #352457  by Tim_ettinger
 December 4th, 2015, 3:33 pm
I know it's been a few years since doing things outside of maintenance to 300M's has been popular. I figured by now someone, somewhere has a set of some Prowler Pro gears that they aren't using anymore.

I have taken my car apart and put it back together so many times, I figure I may as well hang on to it when it does get retired. And by retired, I do mean set aside for certain things to be done while it no longer needs to be a daily driver.

I have read stories here and there, and talked to people in different places. I know there has been a 4.0L stroker created from a 3.5. Someone may have turbocharged a 300M, and I talked to someone who offered to convert one of his "other 300"-type superchargers to work on my 300 type...

Body kits are still out there. Around here you can get a whole 300M for about $500.

But back to the original question, does anyone know where a set of nice, used Prowler Pro gears may be found collecting dust? I have the 3.66 and 3.89 gears already.
 #352458  by LUNAT1C
 December 4th, 2015, 3:52 pm
fleaBay. I think only a few people did that upgrade, and their cars have either been sold or scrapped since then and the person hasn't been here in ages.
 #352459  by TrueBlue
 December 4th, 2015, 4:06 pm
There was a turbo 300M, and a 4.0 stroker. Have you checked the Prowler boards? (Last time I was there I found them to be a crotchety bunch).
 #352479  by Tim_ettinger
 December 5th, 2015, 10:37 pm
I looked at some Prowler boards; Prowler Pro gears aren't findable, however there is another company that makes the same gears.

G-Force Performance Gears, includes gears, chain and speedometer adapter $950 new. In case anyone else is ever interested.
 #352496  by dmondeac
 December 6th, 2015, 8:55 am
I think I have the only set on the forum in my car but might be talked into parting with them. The mileage will drop, driving with these gears is similar to an old style four speed without overdrive. A real kick around town but not very highway friendly.
 #352511  by Tim_ettinger
 December 6th, 2015, 8:30 pm
I'm definitely interested, the gears won't go in until I get another highway car.