Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • SRT8 Charger wheels

• Wanna put on some cool treads?
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

Wanna put on some cool treads?

Moderator: Moderators

#352853  by killamedical

Anyone ever tried to run SRT8 Charger wheels? More specifically 20x8 with a 24 offset, my only concern is that the hub size is a 71.55. Input is always appreciated!
 #352854  by JoeKD

Same exact specs as the 300C SRT wheels and plenty of guys here run those
 #352855  by LUNAT1C

LX wheels fit onto LHs. I believe someone from LH Forums fit Magnum SRT wheels onto his Intrepid many years ago with no issues. I have SRT Design wheels on my Special, which are 20x8 with +24mm offset.

Double check the width on those Charger SRT wheels. Wheels for SRT8 vehicles (not SRT Design) are 9" wide and generally have rub issues on the rear quarter panels. Many have had to roll their quarter panel lips to alleviate the issue.
 #352856  by killamedical

LUNAT1C wrote:LX wheels fit onto LHs. I believe someone from LH Forums fit Magnum SRT wheels onto his Intrepid many years ago with no issues. I have SRT Design wheels on my Special, which are 20x8 with +24mm offset.

Double check the width on those Charger SRT wheels. Wheels for SRT8 vehicles (not SRT Design) are 9" wide and generally have rub issues on the rear quarter panels. Many have had to roll their quarter panel lips to alleviate the issue.
The ones im looking at are replicas and are 20x8 IIRC, could i expect rub issues with a 1 inch suspension drop on top of that?
 #352857  by LUNAT1C

I think you should be fine.
 #352860  by Sneke_Eyez

The 2002 Intrepid in my sig has Magnum SRT8 rims on it - they rub a little bit because they're not replicas, but 20x9 real Alcoa SRT8 rims, and I haven't rolled the fender lips of the car.
(I'm the guy LUNAT1C was talking about).

The 2004 Special I drive daily has 20x8 Chrysler 300S rims on it that do not rub (now that the suspension is fixed).

You will be fine.
 #352868  by JoeKD

If they are 20x8 they likely are not SRT8 wheels, they are probably Charger Daytona 20" wheels which will work fine
 #352869  by killamedical

joekd wrote:If they are 20x8 they likely are not SRT8 wheels, they are probably Charger Daytona 20" wheels which will work fine
Ive only seen one set which would limit my options. But ive seen far more wheels with a 20x9 size, will i need to mod anything to run 20x9 SRT replicas with 245/35/20? Im sure i will encounter a little rub but could there be any serious suspension damage at risk?
 #352880  by 300maximilien

I ran 20x9s with 245/35/20s on a Special with no rubbing/no modifications.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 #352882  by M-Pressive

I will be throwing some LX rims on my black special in the spring.

Just need to decide which ones I want. They should bolt right up like others have mentioned.
 #352924  by killamedical

Great thank you for all the info, I'll be sure to post pics when they come in
 #352926  by Sneke_Eyez

killamedical wrote:
joekd wrote:If they are 20x8 they likely are not SRT8 wheels, they are probably Charger Daytona 20" wheels which will work fine
Ive only seen one set which would limit my options. But ive seen far more wheels with a 20x9 size, will i need to mod anything to run 20x9 SRT replicas with 245/35/20? Im sure i will encounter a little rub but could there be any serious suspension damage at risk?
Rub is experienced in my Intrepid when I have people in the back of the car.

Otherwise I have had no issues.