Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • KILLER Deal on a great workbench at Sears

• Discussion about price incentives and costs.
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

Discussion about price incentives and costs.

Moderator: Moderators

#354895  by 00R/T

Sears has their Gladiator 65" hardwood workbench on clearance for $75. This is a great bench and I almost picked one up a little while back when it was on sale for $150. At $75, it's an absolute steal.

Most stores around me were sold out, but one of them had two left. If you have any need for a bench, it's definitely worth checking local inventory.

If you sign up for ShopYourWay rewards you can probably get back a decent chunk of points as well that you can use for other tools. I used up a lot of my bonus offers yesterday on something else, but I was still able to get back $18 in points. They are awarded immediately, so I bought the second one at my local store using those points.

http://www.sears.com/gladiator-starter- ... 950572000P
 #354903  by M-Pressive

Thanks for posting this, going to check out the local Sears tomorrow and hope they have one.
 #354905  by 00R/T

M-Pressive wrote:Thanks for posting this, going to check out the local Sears tomorrow and hope they have one.
Definitely not a bad idea to scope it out in person. The store near me called and told me they didn't have any and I'd have to cancel my order. That happens a lot with good deals. The employees see what the price is and buy it themselves. Usually I don't alert them when I'm bargain hunting, but I wasn't going to have time to get there until next weekend. Oh well.
 #354947  by 00R/T

So the store called today and said they found them. But, nobody can undo my "pending cancellation" order. And, I can't re-order because the item isn't on the website any more. And, finally, I can't just go buy it in person because the price at that store is showing $150, even though people have been buying them in person at $75 before they were lowered on the website. Super aggravating.
 #354950  by LUNAT1C

Looks like a decent price for a simple sturdy table.

I recently purchased a steel 5-tier shelving unit at Costco for $67. IIRC, it's 2ft deep, and can be left in two halves to double its width and be used as a simple workbench. I'm planning on moving my landlady's three shelving units from the side of the garage to the rear and putting my "work bench" in their place under the window, with extra space for my tool and detailing carts to be out of the way of the lawn mower.
 #354953  by Sneke_Eyez

00R/T wrote:So the store called today and said they found them. But, nobody can undo my "pending cancellation" order. And, I can't re-order because the item isn't on the website any more. And, finally, I can't just go buy it in person because the price at that store is showing $150, even though people have been buying them in person at $75 before they were lowered on the website. Super aggravating.
Sounds like a typical slickdeals experience.

I've been dealing with something similar on a sink from Lowes recently.
 #354958  by 00R/T

Sneke_Eyez wrote:
00R/T wrote:So the store called today and said they found them. But, nobody can undo my "pending cancellation" order. And, I can't re-order because the item isn't on the website any more. And, finally, I can't just go buy it in person because the price at that store is showing $150, even though people have been buying them in person at $75 before they were lowered on the website. Super aggravating.
Sounds like a typical slickdeals experience.

I've been dealing with something similar on a sink from Lowes recently.
I'm annoyed because I ordered it before someone posted about it on SD. By the time I decided to stop waiting on the cancellation and just place a new order for delivery it had hit SD and was long gone.