Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Width enhancement

• Wanna Shave your Door Handles, customize emblems?
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

Wanna Shave your Door Handles, customize emblems?

Moderator: Moderators

#362097  by snstr_auto

Not to sound like a newb wanting to jump on the rocket bunny / raughwelt craze...

But has anyone successfully increased the overall width of an LH? I have zero photoshop skills but I have an idea in my head of how it 'could' look.

May just try cutting up metal and seeing what I can make happen yet.
 #362100  by M-Pressive

snstr_auto wrote:Not to sound like a newb wanting to jump on the rocket bunny / raughwelt craze...

But has anyone successfully increased the overall width of an LH? I have zero photoshop skills but I have an idea in my head of how it 'could' look.

May just try cutting up metal and seeing what I can make happen yet.
I think Matt Wheeler (99mopar) pulled his rear quarters out a half inch.

I would like to widen the car a bit but haven't really sat down to think about it. I think a subtle widening would look great,
 #362101  by snstr_auto

I'm thinking of DTM racing inspired width addition.
Although, given prices, I had contemplated a more seemless width that would work for the front.
Maybe a half inch per side, or more depending on the offset of the wheels I decide to go with.

I may try an idea out over winter, get a couple scrap fenders from a yard and a trailer fender and see how it works.

I have a bunch of ideas in regards to aerodynamics I want to play with. I will keep this posted with pics when I start hacking stuff apart
 #362118  by paintballdude05

I think the issue you might run into with an LH vs. your typical car is that there's very little fender meat between the wheels and the doors. To get it looking right would be a challenge IMO.
 #362119  by snstr_auto

I had seen an article on Speedhunters for a way to make it look different and make the lack of area less of a issue, more of an almost 'venting' style look.

Unfortunately at this time, I can not search the article on their site due to how the work internet is now set up BUT I get my tower back tomorrow so I can spend a little time updating with pictures and such.