Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Doing a 4.0L Engine Swap

• LH Performance Modification Discussions
Membership Banner

LH Performance Modification Discussions
 #365754  by Basslicks
 March 13th, 2017, 4:08 pm
FIREM wrote:I have spoken with Ron/dmondeac a lot about his build. Tons of $$ in the heads alone is where these engines benefit the most. Longer stroke helps in bottom end torque (acceleration) better breathing does well for the horsepower. Along with Nitrous his car is a rocket to say the least.
Long and short of the whole exercise is the trans/drivetrain layout of the LH cars is just not conducive to hot rodding.
Enjoy the decently powered, luxury touring. highway cruiser that they are.
If you want a hot rod, go quick, toy, there are better choices of cars that respond better to some tweaks than our LH's
Even the Prowler guys either spend tons and tons of money for crazy conversions or basically live the 3.5 as is.
Very respectable, and even expected, answer.
 #365761  by skinnyg
 March 13th, 2017, 9:11 pm
I think the hardest part would be finding someone to write code for a 4.0 to work in the pcm

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
 #365793  by Basslicks
 March 15th, 2017, 10:32 am
skinnyg wrote:I think the hardest part would be finding someone to write code for a 4.0 to work in the pcm

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Shouldn't need to do that. People do stroker motors in OBDII Jeeps all the time without changing a single thing in the PCM.
 #365799  by snstr_auto
 March 15th, 2017, 12:36 pm
If going to the extent of swapping in a 4.0L, the least of the worry is the PCM. Lots of stand alone options exist that would get the vehicle running.

The parameters of the OEM electronics seem fairly wide (can run a 3.x with 2.7 ECM/PCM as lots of swaps have run for many years like that) so it would be more a case of making sure sensor play nice with the central brain.
 #365821  by TrueBlue
 March 16th, 2017, 12:53 pm
Basslicks liked this
 #365822  by Basslicks
 March 16th, 2017, 1:17 pm
TrueBlue wrote:http://300mclub.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=29542

4.0 cams in a 300M. :D
Sweet! Thanks for that!