Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Spark Plug for 2001 Chrysler 300M

• Get your T-25 torx wrench and come on in!
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

Get your T-25 torx wrench and come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

#96290  by chenfi

I am new to the forum also the 300M, i just bought 2001 300M with 101K miles.so i think is better to change my spark plug in order to get better gas saving. So i wonder what kind of Spark plug is better ? does all the different model really make it different? how do we know we need to gap the spark plug or not? because i heard somebody day no need to adjust the gap of spark plug, and someone say we need to adjust it before u install it. so, pls advise. Thank you.

#96345  by cloud 9

I have Bosch platinum +2's in my M and they work great. I bought them from Advanced Auto and they were pre-gapped. I didn't check the gap but they are working fine.

#96351  by EasyRider300M

I had good luck with the Champion platinum plugs that came on my 00M--lasted over 70k before I changed them and could have easily gone to 100k. I now use NGK platinum plugs on my 00 M that came on the Specials and have about 20k on them. My mpg is the best ever ---not sure if it's the plugs but obviously the plugs are doing their job. My 02 Special has Bosch +4 s in it (installed by previous owner) but I want to change those back to NGKs as soon as possible. I'm just not comfortable using a plug with tiny electrodes due to risk of one wearing or breaking off.

Even though I believe the plugs are pre-gapped, I aways check the gap against factory specs before installing just to be safe.

#96384  by Inkdemon

Always check em as well. My dad instilled that into me,as ya never know if someone dropped the box or what have ya.
 #369160  by Ricky white

EasyRider300M wrote:I had good luck with the Champion platinum plugs that came on my 00M--lasted over 70k before I changed them and could have easily gone to 100k. I now use NGK platinum plugs on my 00 M that came on the Specials and have about 20k on them. My mpg is the best ever ---not sure if it's the plugs but obviously the plugs are doing their job. My 02 Special has Bosch +4 s in it (installed by previous owner) but I want to change those back to NGKs as soon as possible. I'm just not comfortable using a plug with tiny electrodes due to risk of one wearing or breaking off.

Even though I believe the plugs are pre-gapped, I aways check the gap against factory specs before installing just to be safe.
All of them when you lift the hood right beside where it latches is the gap coed and some will tell you even what kind to use
Ricky white hope this helps

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Re:

#369163  by Countachqv

EasyRider300M wrote: I now use NGK platinum plugs on my 00 M that came on the Specials and have about 20k on them. My mpg is the best ever ---not sure if it's the plugs but obviously the plugs are doing their job.
That! i use that too.
I came to the conclusion that unless your engine is highly modified and there is a reason to change the OEM plug, you will waste money for no demonstrable improvement.
I also came to the conclusion that for certain part, better stick to OEM rather than trying save money or face the risk of making certain things worst. Plugs are one of those things. Oil filters another (bad filters may cost your engine as I almost found out several years ago).
NKG plugs have proven to be great to me and there is no reason to change
 #369164  by adu1982

Using the same for a few years. No issues.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk