Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Been very busy lately....

• This is the place for off-topic discussions
Membership Banner

This is the place for off-topic discussions

Moderator: Moderators

#385269  by sparky99

Painters came back today and sprayed the garage door white. This fits way better than the old tan. It turned out great. I can't be any happier with the results.

While the painters were here I finished up the front door project. I finished sanding and painting the front door "Naval Blue" (Sherwin Williams paint). I was very torn on painting the storm door. We went back and fourth since it was white, but I ended up painting it to match the front door. I am very pleased with the results.

Here she is! "Finished" product!!!

Front door: Both doors painted (I removed the window and didn't paint it, It left a neat little white trim to the window)

then the wife needed a new rug and a "better picture" lol...

and here is the whole house before the front door was done... (well, I was in process)

its a relief to finally be done with this project. I am very pleased, and I think it looks great. The new colors are so much brighter than the old drabby green color. It looks so new!
LUNAT1C, monte4 liked this
 #385270  by sparky99

tomorrow I have to install the new house numbers. We finally found all of them while on Vacation. They will mount via small stand offs. I'm excited to see how they turn out.
 #385273  by First Lady

Awesome Robert!!!! It looks wonderful!!!!!
 #385278  by Sneke_Eyez

Looks great, Robert! I like the blue on the front door and screen door - that has always been one of the bummers of screen doors for me is the way they cover up a nice front door, but if you paint the screen door to match then it looks great!
 #385280  by StealthM

Looks really nice Robert. And they did that while you were away?
 #385281  by sparky99

StealthM wrote: July 29th, 2020, 12:25 pm Looks really nice Robert. And they did that while you were away?
painters knew we were heading out of town. These are the same painters we use at Fort Wayne Metals (my job) so I trust them. They knew we had someone staying at the house while we were away too.
They painted the majority while we were gone and came back yesterday to finish up. They were here about 1-1.5 hours. I painted the doors.
 #385282  by sparky99

Today I installed the house numbers. They stand away from the house about 1/2" and look really neat. Its really neat to see how they shadow when the sun hits them.

M-Pressive, First Lady, DDTOP and 1 others liked this
 #385283  by Sneke_Eyez

Oh man, I really like those. I want to put something similar on the post by my driveway so people know which house is mine. Where did you find them?
 #385284  by LUNAT1C

That's nice and classy modern update. We just took our numbers off the house from above the garage and painted them the same satin black as other hardware on the house (used it on the kick plate and handle assembly on the front storm door). They were gold originally, probably original from 1993, and some of the edges show through the black to look similar to the oiled bronze look we have on all the door handles we installed throughout the house. Also makes them stand out much better, they were much harder to see as gold against the tan/brown paint on our trim.
 #385285  by First Lady

Robert, I love the numbers!!!
They're unique and so current!! Very nice choice!!
 #385286  by sparky99

Sneke_Eyez wrote: July 30th, 2020, 9:54 am Oh man, I really like those. I want to put something similar on the post by my driveway so people know which house is mine. Where did you find them?
https://www.lowes.com/search?searchTerm ... se+numbers

6.58 ea. They came with templates for install. They turned out really neat and were pretty easy to put up.
 #385288  by Sneke_Eyez

sparky99 wrote: July 30th, 2020, 8:48 pm
Sneke_Eyez wrote: July 30th, 2020, 9:54 am Oh man, I really like those. I want to put something similar on the post by my driveway so people know which house is mine. Where did you find them?
https://www.lowes.com/search?searchTerm ... se+numbers

6.58 ea. They came with templates for install. They turned out really neat and were pretty easy to put up.
Wow, thanks. Says my local Lowes has some in stock. Add it to the list of projects!
sparky99 liked this