Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • QuickJack System

• A place to discuss different tools we use to keep our cars running.
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

A place to discuss different tools we use to keep our cars running.

Moderator: Moderators

#390378  by M-Pressive

Hey everyone,

I took advantage of a really good black Friday sale and bought a QuickJack system for the garage.

ImageHosted on Fotki

Just got it all bled and set up this past weekend. Plan is to put M-Pressive up on it so I can redo all of the lighting under the car and put new wheels on it. Will post some more pics once I get it under the car.
First Lady, StealthM liked this
 #390381  by LUNAT1C

Very curious to see how well this works. I've been keeping an eye on systems like this, because setting up 4 jackstands tends to be a chore and a bit anxiety-inducing on the Special, since I have to lift up one side, then the other side higher up, then lift the 1st side higher to match while the second side is balancing on jackstands, to get room enough to work under it. What stops me is the expense for one that can also lift the 6,000-lb Jeep (might be SOL on that anyway since frame is very high on the lift kit and the axles droop dramatically) and the 5000+lb Durango. They also seem to shift the car backward, so I would need to roll the car forward a bit out of the garage before lifting and ensure the door is open when I set it back down.

That and space to store it. I can't tell if I can just push it further under the car and store it under my Special without risk of damage, or if I'd have to roll the car outside, stand the system up and secure to the garage wall, then pull the car back in...
M-Pressive liked this
 #390383  by StealthM

Nice addition Keith... was gunna get one but my driveway isn't level enough. 7 degree max I believe. but it should work well. Robert they have 3 weight classes to chose from so the jeep and Durango should be fine as long as you get one with the higher weight limit. They also make extention kits for trucks. As far a storage I think they are like 3 an a half high so under the car or on the wall. of course the power pak will have to hang in a corner. As far as quality it manufactured by Bend Pak marketed under the Ranger name... hope this helps. oh how's that soft water car wash coming? would like to build one myself....
M-Pressive liked this
 #390384  by Sneke_Eyez

Very interested to hear your review of them!
I have pondered buying a set many times, but just am not sure if they're right for me or if I'll use them enough.
M-Pressive liked this
 #390385  by LUNAT1C

StealthM wrote: March 9th, 2022, 8:53 pm Nice addition Keith... was gunna get one but my driveway isn't level enough. 7 degree max I believe. but it should work well. Robert they have 3 weight classes to chose from so the jeep and Durango should be fine as long as you get one with the higher weight limit. They also make extention kits for trucks. As far a storage I think they are like 3 an a half high so under the car or on the wall. of course the power pak will have to hang in a corner. As far as quality it manufactured by Bend Pak marketed under the Ranger name... hope this helps. oh how's that soft water car wash coming? would like to build one myself....
The de-ionizer seems to be working well, I had no water spotting issues last year, but I also made sure I wasn't washing midday and dried the cars quickly. Doesn't "feel" as soft as the water in my whole house softener system, but I wasn't expecting it to. I'll see how this year goes since the neighbor cut down the huge tree between our driveways on Xmas Eve, so I have less shade now (and fewer nuts and sticks falling!). I'm looking into replacement filter media now to see how often I need to replace it.
 #390896  by M-Pressive

Had to jump back in and give everyone the bad news.

Finally decided to use the system this past weekend and it was a bust.

With the offset lift points I couldn't line up the lifts correctly because there is not enough room under the car. I bought the additional bar so I could lift at a different point in the front and while it fits under the car you can not get a pad under it.

Going to list it for sale and by myself a stacker lift with the jack tray built in.
 #390899  by LUNAT1C

I was wondering why you were using floor jacks instead of the lift. Bummer that it wouldn't work. Is it too big? Which model is it?
 #390901  by M-Pressive

5000tlx

Just too tall. Even if the car was not bagged you would not get it under it with the cross bar needed for the jack points not being parallel.

Pending sale. Hopefully the guy is coming back tomorrow.
 #390919  by Sneke_Eyez

Bummer to hear! Good luck with the sale and buying a new lift!
 #390923  by M-Pressive

It sold today. Lost a bit of cash but I am glad it sold so quick.