Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • At what price of gas will you change your driving habits.

• Gotta Poll, post it here
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

Gotta Poll, post it here

Moderator: Moderators

At what gas price will it have a major effect on your driving habits?

$3.00
12%
$3.50
4%
$4.00
21%
$4.50
6%
$5.00
15%
$6.00
5%
$7.00
5%
No matter how high gas prices go, I will not drastically change my driving habits.
33%
 #289123  by mnitetrain

Thursday night fill up $3.679 regular 87 octane.

Friday I drove by $3.859 regular 87 octane.

ALMOST TWENTY CENT PRICE JUMP OVERNIGHT!!!!!
 #289313  by InfernoLime

Any new opinions since the price jump that rocked north america? :evil:

Now that im back at school im taking the bus everyday. I can now get a tank of gas to last me about 2 weeks but it still sucks to spend 84$ to fill up.
 #291505  by Chrysler1924

I am new to the "M" arena and am admittedly NOT looking forward to having to put mid-grade 89 in the car. Regular 87 is quite expensive enough, thank you. ($3.58/USgal. currently...)

To be fair, anyone who buys a 300M should be a smart enough consumer to realize that this is an inevitable part of owning the vehicle, and if they aren't up to the expense, perhaps they should move on to the folks at Honda.

So, I realize this is par for the course obviously... but doesn't mean I have to enjoy the slightly more expensive fuel haha.
 #291513  by Bill Putney

Chrysler1924 wrote:I am new to the "M" arena and am admittedly NOT looking forward to having to put mid-grade 89 in the car. Regular 87 is quite expensive enough, thank you. ($3.58/USgal. currently...)...
Chris - The 2000 FSM says to use 87 octane. Does your owner's manual say something different?
 #291521  by EasyRider300M

I've been running regular 87 octane since I've owned my Special and my last 00M which was bought new. Both still are running just fine.
 #291539  by mabraham

Here in Fairfield County, CT $4.10 cash is the going price for 87. This is starting to upset me.
 #291556  by mnitetrain

300maximilien wrote:wow...we are down to $3.19.....guess being a must win state for the Pres has its privileges...lol
How convenient.
 #291557  by mnitetrain

300maximilien wrote:wow...we are down to $3.19.....guess being a must win state for the Pres has its privileges...lol
How convenient.

$3.829 here.

Funny thing is couple weeks ago I rented 2012 Altima best MPG I could manage was 25MPG. My M runs 29-32MPG depending on weather and which area I'm driving in.
 #291559  by EasyRider300M

saw $3.59 today for regular locally--definatley going down lately---look for further drops as the election nears
 #291569  by Chrysler1924

Owner's manual says "The manufacturer recommends the use of 89 octane for optimum performance." I have also heard from another friend with a 300M that while usage of 87 is indeed acceptable, the resulting drop in fuel economy doesn't really make it worth pumping the less expensive 87.
 #291570  by Bill Putney

EasyRider300M wrote:saw $3.59 today for regular locally--definatley going down lately---look for further drops as the election nears
Not doubting what you are saying, but how does that work? I mean, Obama and his supporters consider the oil companies as the devil incarnate, they haven't been nationalized yet, and you'd think the oil companies are not too crazy about Obama - so how does Obama manipulate oil prices in an industry that he doesn't control? Or does he? I don't think reserves are being released in those places.
 #291588  by chosen3001

Damn Guys, You'r sooo lucky. The price for regular 87 here in NY is 3.93 and the lowest plus/premium i could find is 4.29/4.39. All i can say it's very hard to keep up with prices but as for MPG my Special consumes just the same amount of gas as my uncles 2011 Honda Odessey with 3.5 engine with fancy HEMIlike system in fact it consumes even more gas than my baby during city driving.

One more thing i dont understand is why you'r talking about 17 gallon tanks when the most i filled into my car was 15.3 gallons with 0 estimated to empty on EVIC?
 #291590  by Chrysler1924

That's because the EVIC is designed to read empty before the tank truly IS empty so you have a grace period to get to a gas station.
 #291608  by Bill Putney

Which situation is more likely to result in a car manufacturer getting sued?:

1) Your gage reads empty when you actually have somewhere between 1 and 3 gallons of fuel left - and even though you push it further than you thought you could, you don't run out, infact, you fill up with plenty of margin, and you go on your merry way.

2) In a parallel universe in which the manufacturers have the gage read empty when the tank is actually empty, plus or minus 1/2 gallon due to normal manufacturing tolerances - due to normal tolerance variations, age of vehicle, and temperature fluctuations, phase of the moon, etc., etc., you miscalculate how far to the next gas station and you run out of gas, you coast to a stop, and as you're getting out of the car, a truck sideswipes your car and puts you in the hospital.

:)