Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • INDY meet

• General Discussions about the 300M
Membership Banner

General Discussions about the 300M

Moderator: Moderators

What is your interest level in a 2007 Club sponsored meet in Indianapolis?

I will come to the meet no matter when it is scheduled, and irrespective of whether a track lap is involved.
45%
I would come to a meet at Indy for a key day in May [Opening Day, Pole Day, etc.], even without a pace lap.
No votes
0%
I would come to a meet at Indy for the Formula 1 Gran Prix [around June 17, 2007], even if no pace lap is possible [none will be].
14%
I would prefer to come to a meet at Indy in early spring [March?] provided the Club can get a pace lap on the track.
14%
I would prefer to come to a meet at Indy in late summer [August+] provided we can get a pace lap on the track.
18%
I will only come to an Indy meet if the Club can get a pace lap, does not matter when.
9%
I have no interest in a meet at Indy.
No votes
0%
 #124446  by Carfan77
 December 11th, 2006, 5:00 pm
We are working on planning the Indianapolis meet, and need some input from our members. Our initial thought was for early May (and we can still do that) but we were hoping to be able to do a Club lap of the track. Because of sponsorship obligations between the Speedway and Chevrolet, we can not do a lap at that time. Indy has also encouraged us to do the meet at the Formula 1 race, where we could display our cars in an infield area, but could also not be on the track. Mike Brawley has done the research, and these are the options. Please choose, so that we can plan for maximum fun and maximum attendance.

#124447  by kumiyer
 December 11th, 2006, 5:25 pm
My first choice is

I would come to a meet at Indy for the Formula 1 Gran Prix [around June 17, 2007], even if no pace lap is possible [none will be].

My second choice is

I will come to the meet no matter when it is scheduled, and irrespective of whether a track lap is involved

#124448  by Shadowvox6
 December 11th, 2006, 5:26 pm
Hey,
I'm game for this meet whenever, and wherever in Indy we can have it.
Like I have said previously, I am willing to do anything I can to help make this a kick (CENSORED) event!!

Let's do this!!!

#124451  by beespecial
 December 11th, 2006, 6:12 pm
It's more than obvious that I'll be there no matter when!

#124452  by grayslater
 December 11th, 2006, 6:23 pm
My First Choice:
I would prefer to come to a meet at Indy in early spring [March?] provided the Club can get a pace lap on the track.

Second Choice:
I would prefer to come to a meet at Indy in late summer [August+] provided we can get a pace lap on the track.

Third Choice:
I will come to the meet no matter when it is scheduled, and irrespective of whether a track lap is involved.

Maybe some of you have already done this or something similar but the whole pace lap would be way cool and would separate this from any other car meet that I have attended!!!

#124454  by Red Baron
 December 11th, 2006, 7:41 pm
I will PROBABLY be there no matter what but I voted for August with a pace lap. I feel that a pace lap at Indy would draw a HUGE number of 300m club members. Therefore my order of preference is

I will only come to an Indy meet if the Club can get a pace lap, does not matter when.

I would come to a meet at Indy for a key day in May [Opening Day, Pole Day, etc.], even without a pace lap.

To me a pace lap is important. To me the Grand Prix/Formula 1 stuff is boring. To me the Indy 500 is neat but far from what it once was.

#124530  by Airwolf1679
 December 12th, 2006, 8:50 pm
If you can get a pace lap, I'll be there like white on rice.

re

#124544  by Timbo
 December 12th, 2006, 10:08 pm
I will be there no matter what?
 #124783  by OneSpecialM
 December 15th, 2006, 5:50 pm
Timbo wrote:I will be there no matter what?
Ditto. As long as the meet isn't during Memorial Day weekend (prior obligations) I'll be there. Indy isn't that far from Chicago! Haven't been down that way in a few years, would be nice to get back and check out the Speedway!
 #124784  by Red Baron
 December 15th, 2006, 5:54 pm
OneSpecialM wrote:Indy isn't that far from Chicago!
Only about 180 miles according to Mapquest. Given the lack of enforcement on I-65 that works out to about two hours.

#125279  by Theman211
 December 21st, 2006, 10:08 am
I would like to make it out no matter when it is I'm only 146 mi from the speedway.The Pace Lap would Be sweet we would all love that.
I just need about a months advance due to scheduling at work to get off.

#125338  by 02SpecialM
 December 22nd, 2006, 12:34 am
I'd love to go. I think it would be great, but the distance is just too much for me.

#125377  by beespecial
 December 22nd, 2006, 2:29 pm
02SpecialM wrote:I'd love to go. I think it would be great, but the distance is just too much for me.
But just think of how much time you would get driving your favorite car to the meet!

#125398  by 02SpecialM
 December 22nd, 2006, 6:42 pm
Putting 4600 miles on my baby is just too much.

#125484  by beespecial
 December 24th, 2006, 2:45 pm
02SpecialM wrote:Putting 4600 miles on my baby is just too much.
Oops! Forgive me for being so geographically challenged. I forget that not everyone in Canada is in Ontario and close to the US midwest. But you have to admit, it would be a great road trip in one of the best road cars.