Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • This Forum Recommends HOAT Coolant only....

• Do we need to change that Long Life Coolant anyway?
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

Do we need to change that Long Life Coolant anyway?

Moderator: Moderators

#181262  by grayslater

Like Zerex G-05 and Mopars 5/100 Antifreeze or similar....must say HOAT

What vehicles use Zerex G-05 (HOAT) in the factory fill and what is the dye color?

1984 Mercedes and beyond (light yellow)
1990 Deere and Company vehicles and beyond (green)
2001 Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep and beyond (orange)
2001 Chrysler (red)
2002 Ford, Lincoln and Mercury trucks and SUVS and beyond (yellow)
2003 Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury automobiles and beyond (yellow)

What aftermarket products are approved by Ford and Chrysler?
Ford, Lincoln, Mercury brands - Ford Motorcraft® Premium Gold and Zerex G-05
Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep brands - Mopars 5/100 Antifreeze and Zerex G-05
PDF Reading
Zerex Lineup
Reference

ImageImageImage
Amsoil claims compatibility to HOAT. It can be used for seven years or 250,000 miles in passenger cars...at $26/gal.
John Deere Cool Guard is a HOAT but not of the G-05 formulation

Purchase online at Amazon.com
Zerex G-05

#181391  by monte4

Did the first flush and fill on my 02 last summer. The factory stuff was red. Had my mechanic order right from the Crysler dealer and he sent orange, so we called back and he then sent 5 yr/100,000 mile antifreeze which was red and we used that. Seems there is a lot of confusion as to what should be used. My mechanic says there are about 8 different colours of antifreeze now.

#181412  by Shadowvox6

monte4 wrote:Did the first flush and fill on my 02 last summer. The factory stuff was red. Had my mechanic order right from the Crysler dealer and he sent orange, so we called back and he then sent 5 yr/100,000 mile antifreeze which was red and we used that. Seems there is a lot of confusion as to what should be used. My mechanic says there are about 8 different colours of antifreeze now.
G-05 is safe to use, and is unmistakable...it is gold in color, and comes in a gold bottle.

This is good information here....

#184566  by grayslater

#187185  by ezgoing2406

will this work in my 2000 model 300m as whale

#187202  by Bill Putney

ezgoing2406 wrote:will this work in my 2000 model 300m as whale
Absotively! Just flush it good.
 #203180  by 300M_Brat

I have to say that this Zerex G-05 is not very easy to find. All of my local parts stores didn't carry it. Sears is supposed to be a Valvoline retailer and yet they still didn't have it. All of the big chain stores (Wal-mart, ETC...) didn't have it. I finally found it at the local Valvoline Express (quick change shop) but they were closed. Luckily a couple of the kids that work there were working on their own cars and they gave me a bottle and are letting me come back tomorrow and pay for it.

Moral to this story is: Keep a bottle on hand at all times and/or make sure you get it before you start the job. You never know when you may need it!!!! In my case my Tstat went bad and I was forced to find some ASAP.
 #203187  by 85merk

how is this compared to Evan's blue?
 #203191  by 300maximilien

85merk wrote:how is this compared to Evan's blue?
G-05 = HOAT Coolant...Good Stuff!

Evans Blue = an alternative rock band from Toronto, Ontario, Canada founded in 2005....Not Bad!
 #203202  by 300M_Brat

300maximilien wrote:Most, but not all NAPAs stock it on the shelf
My NAPA is closed on Sunday and the nearest Pepboys is like 45 minutes away. :roll:

300maximilien wrote:
85merk wrote:how is this compared to Evan's blue?
G-05 = HOAT Coolant...Good Stuff!

Evans Blue = an alternative rock band from Toronto, Ontario, Canada founded in 2005....Not Bad!
LMAOImage
 #203215  by Bill Putney

300M_Brat wrote:I have to say that this Zerex G-05 is not very easy to find. All of my local parts stores didn't carry it. Sears is supposed to be a Valvoline retailer and yet they still didn't have it. All of the big chain stores (Wal-mart, ETC...) didn't have it. I finally found it at the local Valvoline Express (quick change shop) but they were closed. Luckily a couple of the kids that work there were working on their own cars and they gave me a bottle and are letting me come back tomorrow and pay for it.

Moral to this story is: Keep a bottle on hand at all times and/or make sure you get it before you start the job. You never know when you may need it!!!! In my case my Tstat went bad and I was forced to find some ASAP.
Ford dealers carry it as "Motorcraft Premium Gold" - but that doesn't help you on a week end.
 #204650  by Sneke_Eyez

FYI: I was able to find Zerex G-05 through my local Carquest when I did the coolant flush in my SE.
My best friend is a manager there and when I discovered online that Carquest was a Zerex dealer, I asked him if they carried it.
He discovered that they did not, but upon learning of this, decided to bring it in to the store as an in-stock item.
So now not only do they have it available, but they:
A) Are open on weekends until 8pm
B) Carry it in quantity
C) Its cheaper through there than anywhere else around me ($17/gal)
D) I can have him pick it up for me and bring me a gallon if I ever need any.
:mrgreen:
 #204674  by LUNAT1C

I'm gonna have a hell of a time finding the stuff when I do a coolant flush and fill. I remember a member of JSCGP using his in his 2005 Comp G (after flushing out all the DeathCOOL of course), but he spent literally a week tracking the stuff down, since Pep Boys had none and NAPA had none, and no one else carried it.
 #204675  by 300maximilien

rknapp wrote:I'm gonna have a hell of a time finding the stuff when I do a coolant flush and fill. I remember a member of JSCGP using his in his 2005 Comp G (after flushing out all the DeathCOOL of course), but he spent literally a week tracking the stuff down, since Pep Boys had none and NAPA had none, and no one else carried it.
Napa can order it. Mopar Dealer has it in stock as well as Mercedes and a few others
 #204700  by Bill Putney

...and, again, Ford dealers ("Premium Gold").
 #204724  by grayslater

rknapp wrote:I'm gonna have a hell of a time finding the stuff when I do a coolant flush and fill. I remember a member of JSCGP using his in his 2005 Comp G (after flushing out all the DeathCOOL of course), but he spent literally a week tracking the stuff down, since Pep Boys had none and NAPA had none, and no one else carried it.
I believe that any Valvoline distributor can order this.
 #204725  by grayslater

Bill Putney wrote:...and, again, Ford dealers ("Premium Gold").
Lots of options really. See the OP.
 #204736  by 300M_Brat

grayslater wrote:
Bill Putney wrote:...and, again, Ford dealers ("Premium Gold").
Lots of options really. See the OP.
Just be sure you buy it before the weekend.... 95% of the places mentioned are closed on Saturday and Sunday.