Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Mechanic Wanted -- Trenton NJ Area

• Post about dealer experiences
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

Post about dealer experiences

Moderator: Moderators

#200261  by YardleyBill

I am looking for a quality, trusted mechanic anyone knows of who is good with ours cars. (That's a run on sentence if I ever saw one.)

I'd be willing to drive a fair amount, but obviously anything TOO far kind of defeats the purpose.

Thanks!
 #200270  by Bill Putney

YardleyBill wrote:...(That's a run on sentence if I ever saw one.)...
Shoot - you obviously have not read very many of my posts!! :)

I hope you get a good answer on this (I don't have anything to offer).

I try to stay away from NJ. Someone at Carlisle was telling me that if you live in NJ and move out of state (I guess it would involve selling a house), that NJ actually hits you up for a bunch of extra taxes the year you move out (i.e., you actually have to pay money to leave the state!). When I asked what the punch line of the joke was, he said with a straight face that there is no punch line.

(A Bill-to-Bill post)
 #200281  by YardleyBill

I actually don't live in NJ. But I live right across the river from Trenton, so I figured that would garner more attention.

If I had said Philly, then I think I would have gotten suggestions too far west.

But, I'll take anything at this point.

I'm feeling pretty good about some of the things I have been doing, but obviously need someone for the bigger stuff.

Most of the people I know from NJ pay ridiculous taxes. That's why my wife and I bought in PA when we were looking. We were able to afford a lot more house because of the lower taxes.
 #200322  by Red Baron

Bruce Petty, (dabirdzrt) had a really great guy in that area. PM him for info.
 #200356  by YardleyBill

Thanks. I PMed him and got the info, but his guy is a little far.

I'm hoping maybe some of the S. Jersey guys will see this and chime in. Of course, I think they do most of their work themselves from what I can garner, so I might be out of luck.
 #200358  by swalker

I found the drive from Trenton to Harrisburg very nice. Penn turnpike was an enjoyable ride. Try 910 miles to attend Carlisle!
 #200368  by YardleyBill

It's not the drive. It's having to wait while something gets done. Say it needs to be done overnight. Know what I mean?

Well, it's the drive a little. Is it worth it to save $$$ to have to drive 4 hours?

Depends on how much money and how much better the service is! :)
 #208726  by silversrfer

YardleyBill wrote:Thanks. I PMed him and got the info, but his guy is a little far.

I'm hoping maybe some of the S. Jersey guys will see this and chime in. Of course, I think they do most of their work themselves from what I can garner, so I might be out of luck.
there's a shop called jab on east state st in trenton that does good work and another shop called walt's in hamilton , walts is a more expensive but still good work
 #208786  by YardleyBill

SilverSrfer wrote:
YardleyBill wrote:and another shop called walt's in hamilton , walts is a more expensive but still good work
I used to go to Walt's! I thought he has out of business for some reason.

I'm assuming you mean the one near Olden and Hamilton?
 #208956  by FIREM

kass, what exit! LOL. Who the heck is Walt?? Bill your not cheatin on me are you.....
 #208960  by silversrfer

YardleyBill wrote:
SilverSrfer wrote:
YardleyBill wrote:and another shop called walt's in hamilton , walts is a more expensive but still good work
I used to go to Walt's! I thought he has out of business for some reason.

I'm assuming you mean the one near Olden and Hamilton?
The Walts im talking about is on 2539 nottinham way in hamilton not sure if its the same one
 #208961  by silversrfer

FIREM wrote:kass, what exit! LOL. Who the heck is Walt?? Bill your not cheatin on me are you.....
:? on which highway?? lol
 #208965  by FIREM

Pick one, NJTP,GSP, RT??
 #208980  by LUNAT1C

Wow, there are more Jersey members than I thought. I see Specials running around all the time, but they're always filthy. Just the other day I saw a Silver Special with vanity license plates. Followed it from Rt. 1 in East Brunswick, to Rt. 18 through New Brunswick, and then he got off at the River Road exit, whereas I continued on to the Busch Campus exit for Rutgers.

Don't ask me my exit. I don't have one, living next to the Delaware River, lol.
 #208995  by YardleyBill

FIREM wrote:Bill your not cheatin on me are you.....
No sir!

This thread was made pre-FireM. :)
 #208999  by Bill Putney

YardleyBill wrote:
FIREM wrote:Bill your not cheatin on me are you.....
No sir!

This thread was made pre-FireM. :)
Aww man! You guys get a room!! Image Image Image
 #209001  by YardleyBill

Bill Putney wrote:Aww man! You guys get a room!!
We have a room! (See below.)

#209056  by silversrfer

FIREM wrote:Pick one, NJTP,GSP, RT??
Not sure think im exit 7 on the turnpike but exit im sure exit 61 on 295
 #209062  by YardleyBill

I'm due west from the Trenton Psychiatric Hospital, but across the river in PA.

No comments needed. :)
 #209089  by LUNAT1C

YardleyBill wrote:I'm due west from the Trenton Psychiatric Hospital, but across the river in PA.

No comments needed. :)
No, that's too easy. ;)

Nobody seems to have heard of my area, despite it's significant historical importance (Lindbergh kidnapping trials were held here!). In fact, most people just give me blank stares when I say, "Hunterdon County." I'm approximately 25 miles west of Rutgers University, Piscataway/New Brunswick. 20 minutes from Bridgewater/Somerville. 20-30 minutes from Washington's Crossing (I learned to drive there!). Sadly, no major highways are near me, save Rt. 202 and Rt. 31, specifically where they intersect and become Rt. 202/31. 95, 78, and 287 are all equidistant from my house!