Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • CAI Outside Engine Compartment

• Getting More Air? A Hot Mod. Discuss here.
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

Getting More Air? A Hot Mod. Discuss here.

Moderator: Moderators

#203428  by sall

I see ots of you all using a K&N intake and the J-Intake systems here. Has anyone figured out a way to get the cone filter out of the engine compartment.

Maybe somewhere up in front of the radiator. I hae seen this mod in similar way an Aurora. The Aurora Nothstar engine runs ht compared to mant other engines. Therefore having something block the cone filter inside the engine compartment does not do much good. Still sucking in hot air from the engine compartment.

This is what I am seeing here. Granted I have not had time investigate. Anyone think this is possible?
 #203450  by alandw

Can't think of any way to move the filter upfront. There is a heat shield to block most engine heat and I suspect most air still comes in thru the fender well which has the opening for the original air box. You can also do the J-Intake w/ an OEM Airbox www.j-intakes.com. Lastly, you could do a hood scoop if you really want clean air. I run a J-Intake and 70mm bored throttle body.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 #203533  by JoeKD

The only way to do it is by relocating the battery, not worth it for the minimal performance gain (if any)

If you are talking about doing it just for track use talk to dscruggs, he is testing a new race style J-intake on his car
 #203536  by alandw

That sounds cool (Don's "special" J-Intake). I'll get to check it out in Ocean City !!

Joe - maybe you want to come to that meet?
 #203556  by 300Michael

Yes it can be done. TFCadded the filter in the intake (atc) cowling. I made a air box that fit above the steering control column, that got air from a hood air scoop.
I like the Northstar design, but our TB's are on the back of the air manifold, not on the front like the Northstars. One of the probles is the longer the run, the more surface area that will heat up the air.
 #203564  by JoeKD

300Michael wrote:Yes it can be done. TFCadded the filter in the intake (atc) cowling.
Don's new one has the filter sticking out past the cowl and a short run to the TB
 #203565  by JoeKD

alandw wrote:That sounds cool (Don's "special" J-Intake). I'll get to check it out in Ocean City !!

Joe - maybe you want to come to that meet?
We are running very short staffed at work and right now looks like I wont be able to get any time off in October

One of those great corporate catch 22's, they want you to take the time before the year ends but there is no available time to take
 #213454  by Brando26

joekd wrote:
300Michael wrote:Yes it can be done. TFCadded the filter in the intake (atc) cowling.
Don's new one has the filter sticking out past the cowl and a short run to the TB
is there a picture of this anywhere?