Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • New poll: Driver window auto-down by Model Year

• Gotta Poll, post it here
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

Gotta Poll, post it here

Moderator: Moderators

By year of LH car you own/have owned, how well did/does your auto-down work?

'98/'99 - Worked/works all the time.
16%
'98/'99 - Worked/works most of the time.
2%
'98/'99 - Never or almost never worked/works.
11%
'00 - Worked/works all the time.
16%
'00 - Worked/works most of the time.
2%
'00 - Never or almost never worked/works.
7%
'01 - Worked/works all the time.
4%
'01 - Worked/works most of the time.
No votes
0%
'01 - Never or almost never worked/works.
No votes
0%
'02 - Worked/works all the time.
16%
'02 - Worked/works most of the time.
No votes
0%
'02 - Never or almost never worked/works.
2%
'03/'04 - Worked/works all the time.
24%
'03/'04 - Worked/works most of the time.
No votes
0%
'03/'04 - Almost never worked/works.
No votes
0%
 #217329  by Bill Putney

New poll to replace the previous one in case this problem is only on certain (earlier?) years.

NOTICE: For those of you who own or have owned in the past more than one LH car, you can select more than one year. (Unfortunatley if ones you own or owned were/are the same year, you can't select but one option for those cars unless the choice within that year is different for the cars.)
 #217335  by beespecial

Mine's always worked. I hope voting in this poll doesn't jinx me. :lol:
 #217336  by EasyRider300M

I never use that feature--forget it's there
 #217371  by LUNAT1C

Three cars, it hasn't failed me... yet.
 #217407  by 300maximilien

Is this in reference to my claim of never seeing a auto-down that didn't work?? :P

So far the poll supports my claim
 #217415  by FIREM

I'm thinking it's more like people do not know how it works.....
 #217438  by LUNAT1C

300maximilien wrote:So far the poll supports my claim
I'm seeing your claim being proven wrong, actually... though it's too early to tell just yet. I'm seeing more votes for "always works" by a large margin for all except the 98/99's.

I think something like 85% of auto-down buttons malfunctioning would be a common topic here, LHf, and DI.net.
 #217440  by Croff

FIREM wrote:I'm thinking it's more like people do not know how it works.....
In my case I have used it in 2008 Ram and 2000 Town & Country, there it worked and I know how the button should be pushed. But useing same methods does not give results in my car.
 #217464  by 300maximilien

rknapp wrote:
300maximilien wrote:So far the poll supports my claim
I'm seeing your claim being proven wrong, actually... though it's too early to tell just yet. I'm seeing more votes for "always works" by a large margin for all except the 98/99's.

I think something like 85% of auto-down buttons malfunctioning would be a common topic here, LHf, and DI.net.
My claim was that "I HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE THAT DIDN"T WORK" So how is this poll proving my claim wrong? And how would you read this poll as 85% MALFUNTIONING? Looks the other way around to me. Maybe 15% Malfunctioning.
 #217616  by slimpants

My 2K worked for coupla years, then failed. Same with the '99, but it does work now having replaced the master window switch with one from an '02 Intrepid.

I enjoyed an Auto-Up feature for a while (and considered leaving it that way) when fiddling with my driver's side errant window/regulator/motor.
 #217706  by FrenziM

mine works down, but it doesnt seem like its supposed to work up... it doesnt have that clickity click like it does for the down
 #217712  by slimpants

FrenziM wrote:mine works down, but it doesnt seem like its supposed to work up... it doesnt have that clickity click like it does for the down
You're correct; we have no Auto-Up feature. My switch (or other) had been malfunctioning.
 #218988  by FrankWhite

beespecial wrote:Mine's always worked. I hope voting in this poll doesn't jinx me. :lol:
I was thinking the samthing!!!

Yep mine works everytime, no issues. 2002 300m
 #220875  by 300M_Brat

I never had any issues with my 03 either...
 #220953  by Bill Putney

Apparently it isn't nearly the problem that I thought it was. I guess people only post about it when it doesn't work (duh!). :)

The poll shows that possibly it is slightly more prevalent on early years?
 #220967  by 300maximilien

Bill Putney wrote:Apparently it isn't nearly the problem that I thought it was. I guess people only post about it when it doesn't work (duh!). :)

The poll shows that possibly it is slightly more prevalent on early years?

Could be just older/more used parts fail more often than later years?? who knows?
 #223442  by bugauto

I just tested mine and it works good.

Glad I read this thread or I would not have known about that feature.