Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Went to a local Cruise In yesterday

• Getting More Air? A Hot Mod. Discuss here.
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

Getting More Air? A Hot Mod. Discuss here.

Moderator: Moderators

#225034  by grayslater

I had a pretty good time yesterday afternoon at a local Cruise In. Got the Special all cleaned up and wanted to see some of the local action. Just down the road from me is a college (where this was held) and unbeknown to me a College Performance Club. This was there 8th Annual Event and I just randomly found out about it via a local headline via my yahoo email. Go figure. LOL

A couple of events that were interesting to see first hand were the engine and chassis dynos. I've only seen them on television previously to this.

Well, I say all of that to say this.

I waited until I felt lucky and purchased 3 raffle tickets. The crowd wasn't very big and I thought those interested in this was even fewer. So for $20 I bought me 3 tickets and my middle ticket won! What did I win you ask? Well, IIRC, it's a 3-hour chassis dyno session that is valued at $150. It's right there at the college and literally just a mile away from me! I never would have guessed! :)

The only real mods that I have that are related to performance is on the intake side of things. So I think I'm going to take some pulls showing what those bolt on mods can achieve. Once again, I have 3 hours to make any changes and take additional pulls. As of right now, I'm interested in taking the following:

Stock (Baseline) pull
K&N Cold Air Intake pull
70mm Thottle Body pull (hopefully I can have this finished in time)

Now if I can coordinate this the way I'd like, I'd like to incorporate this into my meet that I'm holding in June? That is questionable to the timeframe of the college. I'll have to get back with the Automotive Coordinator there and get his schedule again. There were so many things going through my head when he told what months were available to him.
 #225041  by tinman

That's cool. Now for some definitive readings on those mods. I hope you bought a Powerball ticket, too!
 #225059  by grayslater

tinman wrote:That's cool. Now for some definitive readings on those mods. I hope you bought a Powerball ticket, too!
Louis mentioned the Powerball ticket too. LOL
Guess I wasn't feeling that lucky. :)
 #225060  by grayslater

I'm also thinking that I better do my TB and WP maintenance before taking these pulls. Currently over 8 years on the clock. Time to suck it up and get it done.
 #225073  by tinman

Don't let the dyno opportunity pass by (I'm sure you won't). Definitely understand the Timing Belt issue.
 #225082  by dml300m

grayslater wrote:I'm also thinking that I better do my TB and WP maintenance before taking these pulls. Currently over 8 years on the clock. Time to suck it up and get it done.
sounds like a good idea Cory. if you are going to be pulling (pushing) the whole shiat load on the dyno i would think if the belt is going to break the odds are highly against you at that point...
 #225092  by LUNAT1C

I'm curious to see what the intake pull produces, especially with the SRTDs on. I have the JoeKD intake, so the numbers should be close.
 #225099  by grayslater

rknapp wrote:I'm curious to see what the intake pull produces, especially with the SRTDs on. I have the JoeKD intake, so the numbers should be close.
I was thinking about that and thought it might be best or more accurate for the masses, to put the Special wheels back on. If time permitted, maybe a separate pull with the SRTDs on??
 #262970  by Millenium300M

How'd this work out for you? Did you post results somewhere?
 #262980  by grayslater

Millenium300M wrote:How'd this work out for you? Did you post results somewhere?
I had an appointment once that fell through. I never have gotten around to doing the dyno. They're only available on the weekdays and I've tried scheduling around meets (that didn't pan out). Now I'm working for a new employer and taking the time off hasn't really crossed my mind.