Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • How to get the sleeves off the coil pack screws?

• Get your T-25 torx wrench and come on in!
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

Get your T-25 torx wrench and come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

#232709  by Sir Charge

I bought 12 new T25 bolts for the coil pack since I stripped out 9 of them and had to extract them out. Now I cant get the sleeves off the old screws to completely remove them from the coil pack. How do I get these off? This is a major roadblock in the spark plug changing from hell!!
 #232720  by grayslater

300maximilien wrote:you have to cut the heads off
Really? How does that reflect on installation of the new bolts? I've never done this (no issue in removing these bolts) but could one hold the sleeve with a pliers as you pull and turn the old bolt?? I would think that it would then thread itself out and then use the same threads to install the new bolts. Just my guess. :)
 #232762  by Sir Charge

grayslater wrote:
300maximilien wrote:you have to cut the heads off
Really? How does that reflect on installation of the new bolts? I've never done this (no issue in removing these bolts) but could one hold the sleeve with a pliers as you pull and turn the old bolt?? I would think that it would then thread itself out and then use the same threads to install the new bolts. Just my guess. :)

I cut the suckers off. Theres a little ridge on the shaft of the screw that holds the sleeve on. They are also crimped at the ends of the sleeve, I just cut off the heads and stuck the sleeves on the new screws..