Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Political misinformation & other election cycle nonsense

• A place to discuss the politics of the day.
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

A place to discuss the politics of the day.

Moderator: Moderators

#238610  by sws4420

I see there's another topic that was closed, and this is in no way an extension of it.

What I have seen and have noticed this election cycle is the enormous number of attack ads and ridiculous spin of both true information and simply false information we're all receiving as a voting public. There's a particular race in my home area that has become simply nauseating, sometimes with the attacks ads for these guys back to back doing nothing but contradicting each other's claims about them.

Is it too much to ask for everyone to just take a damn breath and tell me what you'll do for me if I vote for you?

I don't care if a guy once owned a company and sold it, resulting in the loss of jobs. I don't care if someone wrote a paper in the 80s claiming that something should be defunded.

Don't get me wrong, a record means something, but it's not everything. I live in a heavily Democratic state. Being a Republican isn't easy, especially around election time. Every election cycle, I put a few campaign signs on my lawn. Not one election has gone by where mine were left standing. Over the years, some neighbors of mine have approached me saying that they respect me for putting the signs up showing my support and they've secretly confided in me that they completely agree with what a certain candidate is about and plan to vote for them.

Yes. Secretly confided. It's ridiculous for someone to have to hide their beliefs, especially when they're not off-the-wall and actually pretty reasonable.

I disagree with just about everything Obama has done and I wish him and his party would go elsewhere. There. I have my list of political beliefs that I won't get into in here. It's okay to have an opinion. It's okay to have a voice in the way your city, state, and country are run. Exercise it.

Don't be like the people in my area that do nothing but moan about how crappy their government is run - then re-elect the same people in November. Grow a set. Everyone gets all in a tizzy about something that some candidate did at one time or another. Newsflash people: 100% moral people these are rare. Everyone I know could tell you stories about things I've done wrong in the past, it doesn't mean I'd make a bad representative a constituency.

Bottom line is, take a few minutes and find out what the candidates are all about and go vote next week. Attack ads are pointless. Use your own head and make up your own mind, don't be a sheep.
 #238623  by Bill Putney

Well put, Bill.
 #238644  by 300Michael

sws4420 wrote:I see there's another topic that was closed, and this is in no way an extension of it.

What I have seen and have noticed this election cycle is the enormous number of attack ads and ridiculous spin of both true information and simply false information we're all receiving as a voting public. There's a particular race in my home area that has become simply nauseating, sometimes with the attacks ads for these guys back to back doing nothing but contradicting each other's claims about them.

Most people want to correct lies told about them, to correct the misinformation. I think there should be a fine, say $250,000 for lying.

Is it too much to ask for everyone to just take a damn breath and tell me what you'll do for me if I vote for you?

I don't care if a guy once owned a company and sold it, resulting in the loss of jobs. I don't care if someone wrote a paper in the 80s claiming that something should be defunded.

Don't get me wrong, a record means something, but it's not everything. I live in a heavily Democratic state. Being a Republican isn't easy, especially around election time. Every election cycle, I put a few campaign signs on my lawn. Not one election has gone by where mine were left standing. Over the years, some neighbors of mine have approached me saying that they respect me for putting the signs up showing my support and they've secretly confided in me that they completely agree with what a certain candidate is about and plan to vote for them.

I believe the record means more, because it is thier actual vote. It is easy to say I climbed Mount Everest, it is much harder to actually climb Mount Everest. As for the signs and such, it is sad when people who disagree destroy, steal, or attack others, or thier property.

Yes. Secretly confided. It's ridiculous for someone to have to hide their beliefs, especially when they're not off-the-wall and actually pretty reasonable.

I disagree with just about everything Obama has done and I wish him and his party would go elsewhere. There. I have my list of political beliefs that I won't get into in here. It's okay to have an opinion. It's okay to have a voice in the way your city, state, and country are run. Exercise it.

Don't be like the people in my area that do nothing but moan about how crappy their government is run - then re-elect the same people in November. Grow a set. Everyone gets all in a tizzy about something that some candidate did at one time or another. Newsflash people: 100% moral people these are rare. Everyone I know could tell you stories about things I've done wrong in the past, it doesn't mean I'd make a bad representative a constituency.

People who do not vote should have no right to complain, or if you voted for the jerk, don't complain about it, you voted them in.

Bottom line is, take a few minutes and find out what the candidates are all about and go vote next week. Attack ads are pointless. Use your own head and make up your own mind, don't be a sheep.

Do your self a favor and take even more time, it is an important decesision.
 #238800  by slimpants

Just enjoyed the TAX CUT banter. Funny. DR2000 earned an easy 20-spot; clever capitalism in a down economy.

Unsure why that thread had to be locked, though. This happens to be the one Forum I visit (i.e. I can't afford a new car) occasionally and I'm genuinely fascinated by yall's political leanings, esp as I'm thinking most of us aren't driving/repairing ten-year-old vehicles as a hobby. If a member/guest has no interest in an "in Politics" post, why would he click the link?

Pointless ? A strong attack visual can and has determined an outcome. Willie Horton ? Thus, the million$ pouring in today from Parts Unknown. Freedom of Speech usurps the Truth in this country; but hey, it's in the Constitution. He with the most cash inundates the airwaves with bullsh*t and the exhausted working stiff with no time or inclination to verify the claim laps it up while tuning in to Dancin' With The Palins:

As the election draws near, some conservative groups are making ever-wilder claims about the new health care law:

* An elderly man in a Crossroads GPS ad makes the death-panel-esque claim that the law "threatens our lives."
* The 60 Plus Association has a World War II veteran evoking the Normandy invasion and claiming that "your freedoms will be chipped away," unless the legislation is repealed.
* The American Action Network made the false statement that "jail time" would be the punishment for not having insurance, when the law in fact forbids any criminal penalties.

The Facts, Checked

:wink:
 #238836  by 300maximilien

slimpants wrote: Unsure why that thread had to be locked, though.
only one reason.....trolling

we are here to have fun.....not poke fun at others

/story