Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Obsession level?

• Gotta Poll, post it here
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

Gotta Poll, post it here

Moderator: Moderators

How do you or others see you when it comes to your car?

OCD - Way over the top (Thing about it way too much)
40%
Just love it! Enjoy it, and look for reasons to drive it.
40%
Just enjoy it, but it's just another car.
14%
Nice car but would rather have something else.
3%
I could care less, the only reason I am in this club is to make sure the wheels don't fall off!
3%
 #239122  by DaleFicken

Ok.. thought I would put up a poll to see where everyone fits in. If you dare respond to the thread to let us know how you ranked.
 #239124  by DaleFicken

Well I be the OCD vote. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Guess I need to make it OCMD. I spend entirely too much time cleaning it, looking for parts to make it cooler, spending more money and time on it than on my wife (bad thing by the way). I am hoping that it passes just a little.. well until I find my black special with two tone interior:)
 #239126  by Ryan1126

I dont know man i never really cared for them too much, i was always into the C's, but i was starting to get desperate after selling my expedition, i was looking for a lincoln ls, but couldnt find any that werent busted, i was looking through everything in my price range and this car came up, i started to look at it, and figured what the hell might as well go look at it. once i saw it in person and test drove it, i fell in love with it, now i am slowly finding how how fun they are, after looking around this site i am starting to appreciate the car more and more. ill let you know in about a week or so :lol:
 #239131  by EasyRider300M

I'm in the 2nd category: Drive=Love.
I had a poll very similar to this that I ran several years ago---most votes were at or near the top category.

Dale: Here's a pic of the interior you've been drooling over :drool
 #239133  by DaleFicken

Steve,you have that in high resolution? I would make that my desktop man! I already have saved every picture of your car.. I just don't know how to make an M any cooler.. you nailed it! I would however, even as much as I love the black exterior, they should have made a red special! right FireM?
 #239134  by Ryan1126

EasyRider300M wrote:I'm in the 2nd category: Drive=Love.
I had a poll very similar to this that I ran several years ago---most votes were at or near the top category.

Dale: Here's a pic of the interior you've been drooling over :drool
wow nice interior, mines all black. but i have the beige pillars and ceiling?
 #239135  by EasyRider300M

I used only a 3mpxl camera for that pic. At some point I'll take an 8mpxl pic.
 #239142  by FIREM

Dale, we have not met, yet.....somehow I feel we share a dark secret......
Do you know what "o dark thirty" means (without searching??)
 #239152  by DaleFicken

Bob.. yeah I actually do, and my wife just the other day told my mother that I have been known to be outside at 3 am wiping Grace down.. the moment between cloud bursts, just this weekend.. I completely washed the car, had an urge while driving through the mountains to check out a dirt road and washed it again the same day..I am M sick in the head I tell ya!
 #239154  by EasyRider300M

don't feel bad, Dale. There are lots of M addicts on this board. Wives can be replaced. (j/k) Just remember---one day at a time.
 #239189  by 300Michael

Need something higher. You put thinking, what about totally redoing? I like the two tone special interior also, just like the light taupe with the California walnut trim just a little more. Just remember to tell your wife/girl friend, how great they are too.
 #239351  by carlr

i think most people willing to join a forum for 300m enthusiasts is pretty much obsessed. :P
 #239386  by Tarheel

DaleFicken wrote:Bob.. yeah I actually do, and my wife just the other day told my mother that I have been known to be outside at 3 am wiping Grace down.. the moment between cloud bursts, just this weekend.. I completely washed the car, had an urge while driving through the mountains to check out a dirt road and washed it again the same day..I am M sick in the head I tell ya!
Do you say "good night" to your M? :P
 #239388  by DaleFicken

ROFL... oh I do! I just had some PDR work done on her yesterday.. she is feeling to much better now!
 #239443  by EasyRider300M

I ran a similar poll 4 years ago and the results were very similar:
http://www.300mclub.org/forums/viewtopi ... ive%3Dlove
 #239453  by LUNAT1C

I wouldn't call myself OCD (I sometimes go weeks between washes, especially now that I have no hose access), but I do (many times) look back as I walk away and admire Luna.

I am also aware of the concept of o'dark thirty... and catching 40 winks between then and sun-up in the driver's seat. ;)
 #239455  by DaleFicken

Weeks without washing it? And I thought you were my friend!:) I have not had the opportunity to fall asleep at a rest area on a long drive yet. Longest for me in the M is about 6 hours.. and I was sad when I got there cause the trip ended!!!
 #239567  by LUNAT1C

I was referring to Carlisle before... but the long I've spent in the pilot's seat is around 13-14 hours. 11 hour drive from Ohio to NJ, with a few hours snoozing in a rest stop, seat fully reclined and steering wheel fully up.
 #239632  by alandw

tarheel wrote:Do say "good night" to your M? :P
OMG - so I'm not alone- no therapy needed after all??