Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Only regular and citrus?

• Yes some people clean their engine, some don't. You know who you are. :)
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

Yes some people clean their engine, some don't. You know who you are. :)

Moderator: Moderators

#285020  by InfernoLime

I got some engione degreaser the other day for a car show, and noticed that thre were three differant brands at my local canadian tire, and they all had regular and citrus. I got the citrus becase thats how I roll 8) but was curious why this was so standard while there were no other scents? I would like a pine scented one. :)

Any thoughts?
 #285023  by LUNAT1C

Not much market for scented degreasers I imagine. I use Simple Green and Purple Power. If you want more options you can try a supermarket and check out their kitchen degreasers. Might have more scents.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
 #285031  by 300maximilien

Be careful with degreasers when cleaning our engines. Much of what you see is raw aluminum and the WRONG type of degreaser can cause major corrosion issues.
 #285037  by BMac

The citrus isn't for scent, but rather as a grease cutting agent. FTR, I find that the citrus Gunk works better than the non-citrus gunk and it does leave a nice scent for a short while.
 #285038  by Tarheel

mattgendron wrote:I got some engione degreaser the other day for a car show, and noticed that thre were three differant brands at my local canadian tire, and they all had regular and citrus. I got the citrus becase thats how I roll 8) but was curious why this was so standard while there were no other scents? I would like a pine scented one. :)

Any thoughts?
The color of your engine indicates lime! :mrgreen:
 #285071  by Tarheel

My engine has never been gunked, streamed or in any other way cleaned since new (2004). I know it's not up to the high standards of some here but it's clean enough for me. :)
300M Engine June 25, 2012.JPG.resized.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 #285076  by Tarheel

My oil cap was at no charge from Mobil 1.
The coolant in the reservoir is the good stuff from Mopar, recently flushed and refilled so, yes it's the right color.
 #285080  by Strmvt

Where can one get said Mobil 1 oil cap I'd love one for my R/T

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
 #285086  by Tarheel

Look-up Mobil 1 and ask them for one, no problem.
 #285089  by Strmvt

tarheel wrote:Look-up Mobil 1 and ask them for one, no problem.
Like their website you mean?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
 #285127  by 300maximilien

tarheel wrote:My oil cap was at no charge from Mobil 1.
You been holding out on us Frank??
 #285144  by Tarheel

Sorry :oops: , I did not get the oil cap from Mobil, only the decals. I bought the oil cap from Chrysler. They don't know it as a 300M part, I think it was standard on a Viper or possibly the Prowler. Good luck.