Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Reality sets in - Obamacare mandate delayed 1 year...

• A place to discuss the politics of the day.
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

A place to discuss the politics of the day.

Moderator: Moderators

#311777  by Bill Putney

You can only deny reality so long. And of course the timing of the announcement is made to minimize its impact in the news cycle. How do they expect businesses to make any meaningful plans?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07 ... e-mandate/:

The Obama administration announced Tuesday that it is delaying a major provision in the health care overhaul, putting off until 2015 a requirement that many employers offer health insurance.

The announcement was made late Tuesday by the Treasury Department, at the beginning of the holiday week while Congress was on recess. It comes amid reports that the administration is running into roadblocks as it prepares to implement ObamaCare...

The delay is designed as damage control for the 2014 election cycle.
 #311789  by mnitetrain

Or just ante up your Democratic campaign contributions and they can grant a waiver like Walmart and MacDonald's received.
 #312204  by Resurrected

What an added twist! Hey, nationalized health care would be a great icebreaker at Carlisle, and we should be able to learn a load of helpful first-hand information on successful implementing such from our Canadian attendees.
 #315140  by Bill Putney

NEXT STEP (happening now): Cap on premium increases being delayed a year. Huh.
 #315225  by swalker

What he did is so unconstitutional but nobody does a damn thing
 #315239  by Bill Putney

Problem is that people fraudulently took the oath of office. They used to lie and tell us they believed in the Constitution - now they are out of the closet and it is a badge of pride for them.

President oath of office:
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Oath of office for both houses of Congress:
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter."
(many obviously violated the emphasized part)

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oath_of_of ... anch_Oaths:
"This oath is also taken by the Vice President, members of the Cabinet, federal judges and all other civil and military officers and federal employees other than the President."
 #315302  by harrise

I knew the spin on the Congressional subsidy/exemption would be fun. These guys won't make a move without the next one being framed already. (Too bad that doesn't apply to foreign policy.)

So... Being that Congress and their staff are employed by the United States, the employer is doing what is required of them by the ACA. The employer is stepping up and making sure that a) they provide coverage, and b) the employees get to keep their current policy/doctor. THEN, when companies that actually have to run in the real world don't make these adjustments, they'll be accused of a whole gang of interesting actions.

Single payer, here we come! (And why is this handbasket getting so warm?...)
 #318424  by slimpants

Viewer Warning, billhilly.

Pls do NOT enjoy the clip below if you may be shocked or scarred by contemporary English language. Thnx.

:|