Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • $40 off Batteries Advance Auto

• Discussion about price incentives and costs.
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

Discussion about price incentives and costs.

Moderator: Moderators

#319263  by justD

Code TRT41. Have to buy online and pick-up in store. A quick $40 savings. They also do free installation ("on most vehicles")... I will see if they will want to deal with a 300M :lol:
 #319270  by Bill Putney

Darn. I really could stand to replace one of mine, but short on money right now, and I was able to get the 10+ year old Optima in my '99 going again (I think I was able to clear some internal shorts). Hope it doesn't crap out this winter after that code is gone.
 #319278  by Bill Putney

Will keep it in mind. Thanks.
 #323475  by Bill Putney

Woohoo!! 2-1/2 months later, this code is still good!

With the temps dipping into the teens overnight, the 10 year old Optima *finally* is struggling to start the engine.

So I just bought the 800CCA/1000CA group 34 'Gold' ( => 3 yr. warranty) battery at Advance - got $40 off using TRT41. Will pick it up later this evening.

Product Subtotal: $127.99
Discounts: -$40.00
Shipping Charges: $0.00
Core Charges: $18.00
Tax: $5.62
Total: $111.61

That'll net out to $93.61 with tax after the core is refunded. Not bad.

You da man, John!
 #323479  by Bill Putney

BTW - right after placing my order, I found a $50 code that worked: WD1

Was able to cancel the first order and re-order, so netted out at $83.61!!
 #323661  by 300maximilien

Bill what's your feelings on AGM batteries?
 #323662  by Bill Putney

Craig - They're definitely technically superior to traditional car batteries, and are priced accordingly. Anyone considering one simply has to determine if their cash flow situation allows them to "invest" towards the future.

In times of a good economy, more people can make that choice. In times of bad economy, more people will decide to hold on to their cash for the short term and go with a traditional battery. Ten years ago, I spent the at-the-time "ridiculous" price of $125 for the Optima, and I don't regret it, but wouldn't spend the relatively similar high price today for an AGM - things are just too tight.

Me personally - I'm investing in LED light bulbs for my house - buying a few every couple of weeks. LOL! Seriously - I figure a 3 to 4 year payback period, everything considered - such as not having to replace incandescents when they burn out, less load (cost of electricity) on the air conditioning in the summer, and of course lower electric bills every month from the bulbs themselves. The intangible benefit of not having to wait for compact flourescents to warm up to normal brightness when walking into a dark room and turning the light on? Priceless!! :)
 #323666  by 300maximilien

Bill, Brandon says we can get the Duracell AGM forms Sams Club for $100... Seams like a good deal then huh?

Also are you interested in starting a discussion about your LED house bulbs in another thread? I'm interested in what ypu decided to go with. And was looking around myself.
 #323675  by Bill Putney

300maximilien wrote:Bill, Brandon says we can get the Duracell AGM forms Sams Club for $100... Seams like a good deal then huh?
Oh! That's not bad at all. Still - if pinching pennies like a lot of people are these days . . . (after all, besides buying the LED bulbs, I do have to pay my additional health ins. premiums and 50% increased annual deductible this year - probably even a bigger surprise next year!)
Also are you interested in starting a discussion about your LED house bulbs in another thread? I'm interested in what ypu decided to go with. And was looking around myself.
Absolutely. I was thinking of doing that. I'm putting together a list of the different types (bulb size and shape, single vs. 3-way, and base size) and wattages of bulbs and their prices at Home Depot and Lowes - because some bulbs are a way better deal at one, and some at the other. Plus ebay is a good source for some things (limited), and crappy for others (most). My experience with that may help others.
 #323701  by JTROANOKE

I will also be interested, especially if you have found something good for recessed can lights that use a flood style bulb and are dimmable.
 #323702  by Bill Putney

JTROANOKE wrote:I will also be interested, especially if you have found something good for recessed can lights that use a flood style bulb and are dimmable.
Sorry - no, Jim.

My checking and purchasing so far is limited to 60W and 100W equiv. "regular" size medium-base bulbs, 40W smaller size medium-base bulbs (the size described as being for ceiling fans - shaped like regular bulbs, just smaller), and 25 and 40W equiv. candelabra shaped bulbs with medium- and small- (chandelier) base bulbs.

My suggestion is to find the type you're looking for in Home Depot and Lowes and price compare - they seem to be the only real game in town for LED bulbs - WalMart apparently didn't get the memo.

With a few exceptions, ebay is a crapshoot (rule of thumb: avoid LED bulbs shipping from Singapore and that area - prices are unbelievably low, but they exaggerate the brightness equivalence, and they lie about shipping time - 5 and 6 weeks not unusual - with that bending of the truth, you're left wondering how long the bulbs will last) - though there are a few good deals (basically only in the Cree brand in lots of 12 if you compare the price to the same Cree bulb at Home Depot).