Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Found some wheels....CHEAP BUT

• Wanna put on some cool treads?
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

Wanna put on some cool treads?

Moderator: Moderators

#321672  by KxWarrior

I found some decent 18's. 18x7's....appear to be perfect fitwise. BUT. They're beat to hell. They hold air! But beat...For $150 though? Would it be worth it to buy them and get them patched up? Here's some photos...

#321676  by monte4

I'd pass on those. They are definately beat to hell. There's no way you can repair them yourself. Save your money.
 #321677  by 300MaximuM

I agree. Pass. You can get nearly perfect after markets for like $250-$300
 #321679  by M-Pressive

No way. Those things are beat.
 #321724  by KxWarrior

300MaximuM wrote:I agree. Pass. You can get nearly perfect after markets for like $250-$300
Tell me where sir. I would love to find these.
 #321725  by 300MaximuM

craigslist.
 #321734  by Sonicrob

look like typical NYC craigslist rims lol.....run away FAST!
 #321735  by KxWarrior

300MaximuM wrote:craigslist.
Not around my parts. I've looked for them on Craigslist. Most of the time they're wanting huge amounts.. :\

In either case, tell me. a 5x100 bolt pattern is immensely different then a 5x114 pattern?
 #321736  by 300maximilien

In case you were not aware you CAN use rims from the LX cars if you so choose.
 #321737  by JTROANOKE

KxWarrior wrote:

In either case, tell me. a 5x100 bolt pattern is immensely different then a 5x114 pattern?
A difference of 14 mm in the size of the bolt circle (about 9/16"). Huge miss - won't mount.
 #321740  by KxWarrior

Figured i'd ask since for some reason a few places online say 5x100 fit our cars.
 #321769  by LUNAT1C

5x100, not a chance in hell. 5x114.3 is OEM and many (myself included) use 5x115 (LX size).

Those in particular... no way Jose. It'll cost you 3x what you paid to restore them. Might be cheaper to get the same set brand new. I'd get those only as winter wheels.
 #321771  by TrueBlue

Junk. Don't buy.
 #321777  by JTROANOKE

With the amount of bead damage I see I wouldn't count on them even as winter wheels. I bet there is a bunch of Fix a flat in a couple of those.
 #321802  by KxWarrior

I may be looking into some special wheels or possibly another aftermarket. Stay tuned!
 #321839  by Mottman

The ones in the pics are junk ! Unless the tires are BRAND SPANKIN NEW I would stay away from them ( If they werent brand new, I would be more afraid of the tires than the wheels )
 #321982  by Countachqv

I'll pile on to say these are junk, in case you are still wondering. If you know how to restore them yourself, or you pay 20% less that the weight in metal at junk yard purchase,then ok. If not, they are gonna make your car like like a beater because once you know the cost of redoing them, you will not be willing to pay that much.
 #330375  by KxWarrior

Going to bump this.

Found some wheels. $200 for them. One had some road rash, and a slight bend to it. But it balanced out great.

Image And here she is. Thoughts?