Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Starting to Research a Big Brake Kit

• LH Performance Modification Discussions
2020 Calendar Banner

Membership Banner

LH Performance Modification Discussions
 #361343  by Sneke_Eyez
 September 8th, 2016, 10:29 am
My research doesn't show the calipers are the same for the Neon.

This is a Centric replacement caliper for each one, with Specs, from Rockauto's website.

Top is Neon, bottom is 300M.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 #361348  by Sonicrob
 September 8th, 2016, 12:31 pm
hmm..I could have sworn they were. I'll take a few pics during my next yard run
 #361359  by 00R/T
 September 8th, 2016, 7:13 pm
The only vehicles I know of that use the same calipers as the LH cars are the minivans and the Prowler. There have been several custom Brembo setups made for Prowlers and a guy on the forums used to sell a complete bolt-on Willwood kit with custom CNC'd brackets.
 #361374  by LUNAT1C
 September 9th, 2016, 8:14 am
They're not the same part number, but they look to mount the same way.
 #361377  by tafi300M
 September 9th, 2016, 9:27 am
How big is big? Is 330mm rotor big enough? 13 in.
 #361381  by M-Pressive
 September 9th, 2016, 9:58 am
I am currently researching the Prowler setup in hopes of finding one.

Seems like the easiest route but I won't stop there if it does not pan out.

I am also in talks with R1 concepts about a brake sponsorship for 2017. I would have access to their entire database of setups and may be able to find something there.

Keep the good info coming!
 #361388  by LUNAT1C
 September 9th, 2016, 4:10 pm
According to folks at DAMM, NSRT to Neon brake conversion requires the NSRT spindle. No surprise. Unless the NSRT spindle works with the LH hubs, bearings ,struts, control arms, axles, etc, probably not going to work without custom spindles ($$$$$).
 #361472  by Sonicrob
 September 12th, 2016, 10:22 am
LUNAT1C wrote:According to folks at DAMM, NSRT to Neon brake conversion requires the NSRT spindle. No surprise. Unless the NSRT spindle works with the LH hubs, bearings ,struts, control arms, axles, etc, probably not going to work without custom spindles ($$$$$).

Maybe the NSFT spindle could be modified to fit? I'm just hoping for a miracle here. They really don't make it easy for us :(
 #361489  by snstr_auto
 September 12th, 2016, 4:13 pm
sonicrob wrote:
LUNAT1C wrote:According to folks at DAMM, NSRT to Neon brake conversion requires the NSRT spindle. No surprise. Unless the NSRT spindle works with the LH hubs, bearings ,struts, control arms, axles, etc, probably not going to work without custom spindles ($$$$$).

Maybe the NSFT spindle could be modified to fit? I'm just hoping for a miracle here. They really don't make it easy for us :(

Probably easily doable honestly. Ream out the hole for the lower ball joint... as long as both hubs are 4 bolts held to the spindle...
 #361496  by M-Pressive
 September 12th, 2016, 6:46 pm
Is there a place that would have some of the important measurements?

I am going to make this happen once the cold months set in.
Sonicrob liked this
 #361507  by 00R/T
 September 12th, 2016, 8:36 pm
I personally think trying to modify anything from a neon is a waste of effort. The only similarity between the two is that they're both made by Chrysler.

The SRT-4 rotors are 3/4" smaller in diameter than the LH ones. They use a 5x100 bolt pattern vs our 5x114.3, so their rotors aren't going to go on our hubs. You can forget using our hubs on their knuckle as they use a press-fit cartridge bearing design which is completely different than the tri-bolt unit bearings we have.

Personally, I would be looking at the LX SRT. Robert mentioned the LX calipers using a bracket, but that's only on the non-SRT. The Brembo calipers mount directly to the knuckle and there are no guides, slides, boots, etc. because the calipers don't move. That means all you need to do is securely mount them to the knuckle in the right location and they'll work. With a custom machined bracket, I think they have a very good chance of working.
sparky99 liked this
 #361511  by LUNAT1C
 September 12th, 2016, 10:35 pm
If someone has access to Brembo calipers and spare LH knuckles, it can be investigated. I figured the NSRT brake upgrade was lost due to the knuckle.

The stock knuckle would have to be modified to allow the larger rotor to clear the bits the stock LH caliper rests on, so it's not just a matter of making a bracket.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
 #361532  by paintballdude05
 September 13th, 2016, 7:34 am
I've got spare knuckles, they're probably not worth shipping though.
 #361540  by M-Pressive
 September 13th, 2016, 9:54 am
LUNAT1C wrote:The stock knuckle would have to be modified to allow the larger rotor to clear the bits the stock LH caliper rests on, so it's not just a matter of making a bracket.
This is my main concern. I can have a bracket made but would need to figure out how to work around/remove these.