Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Should I run my old vanity plates on my 300?

• Gotta Poll, post it here
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

Gotta Poll, post it here

Moderator: Moderators

Which Plate???

GIGGITY plates
78%
Standard Colorado Plates
22%
 #339625  by rodent

Had these on my 06 GTO and the car is now sold.

Was thinking about running them on the M. Since I already have the plates, its only $25 extra per year.

Or should I run the standard green/white Colorado plates?
 #339626  by TrueBlue

Why not?
 #339632  by M-Pressive

I run vanity plates on mine. Extra $50 a year to do it in ma though.
 #339633  by jim2891

As long as your vanity plates are current and you like them, then there's nothing wrong with mounting those (they make me think of Family Guy tv show). One thing I like about Colorado is that they offer plates in several different colors so it's easier to match them to your car.

One of my sisters & her husband live in Colorado Springs and they have retired veterans plates on at least one of their vehicles, both she & her husband put in 20 years in the Army.
 #339638  by rodent

I was on the fence on this. It is from Family Guy and I'm actually surprised they approved them!

They do have many plates here in Colorado which is almost stupid. This list doesn't even include the military, ex-military plates. They do cost $50 more (one time fee).

10th Mountain Division
Adopt a Shelter Pet
Air Force Commemorative
Alive at 25
American Indian Scholars
Boy Scouts
Breast Cancer
Broncos Charities
Carbon Fund
Child Loss Awareness
Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Craig Hospital
Columbine
Denver Nuggets
Donate Life
Fallen Heroes
Firefighter
Flight For LIfe Colorado
Girl Scouts
Greyhound Lovers
Italian American Heritage
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
Kids 1st
Pioneer
Protect Our Rivers
Raptor
Share the Road
Ski Country USA
State Parks
Support Education
Support the Horse
Support the Troops

#339641  by slimpants

OK. I get it now.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=giggity

```

I imagine you'll soon spot a red VW Magic Bus toolin' around Boulder going three miles under the speed limit sportin' this beauty:

REE FER

:dope

#339645  by FIREM

Why not, I do.......as does my wife....One time fee $100 NJ for these
 #339658  by beespecial

Use 'em. After missing the deadline year after year, I finally ordered mine 2 years ago. Proudly displaying them since.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 #339666  by LUNAT1C

No reason not to. I have vanity plates on my Special and my Journey. Small one time charge to have them made in Michigan.
 #339684  by remi

I wish we could do that in France... Stuck with those black on white AB-123-CD with blue country letters on the left, and department number with region logo on the right...
That's like a murder to my M for me! Can't even use a US size plate ^^ In this case it would be US flag on the left, and CA flag on the right \o/
 #339687  by rodent

remi wrote:I wish we could do that in France... Stuck with those black on white AB-123-CD with blue country letters on the left, and department number with region logo on the right...
That's like a murder to my M for me! Can't even use a US size plate ^^ In this case it would be US flag on the left, and CA flag on the right \o/
We have many in the US that run fake Europe plates on their cars front bumper especially on VW/Audi/BMW cars. Its not legal and some states including where I live but they still run them.
 #339773  by mopar39426ml

rodent wrote:
remi wrote:I wish we could do that in France... Stuck with those black on white AB-123-CD with blue country letters on the left, and department number with region logo on the right...
We have many in the US that run fake Europe plates on their cars front bumper especially on VW/Audi/BMW cars. Its not legal and some states including where I live but they still run them.
Well, it's "not legal" but most police don't care.

Here in Pennsylvania we don't ise front plates, so they qualify as the other definition of "vanity" plates... Like plates with pictures on them.
 #339803  by TrueBlue

beespecial wrote:Use 'em. After missing the deadline year after year, I finally ordered mine 2 years ago. Proudly displaying them since.
John, these are freaking mint 8)
 #339831  by beespecial

TrueBlue wrote:
beespecial wrote:Use 'em. After missing the deadline year after year, I finally ordered mine 2 years ago. Proudly displaying them since.
John, these are freaking mint 8)
Thanks. Here is a much better pic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 #339838  by rodent

mopar39426ml wrote:
rodent wrote:
Well, it's "not legal" but most police don't care.

Here in Pennsylvania we don't ise front plates, so they qualify as the other definition of "vanity" plates... Like plates with pictures on them.
Here in Colorado you will get an $80 ticket if you park in the city of Denver with no front plate or a non-legal plate. Denver is the worst with no front plate.
 #346584  by tafi300M

Please do. But I am with Remi. In here 3 letters and 3 numbers, and that's it! In case your plate spot is narrow (US cars) you can get 2 letters and 3 numbers, or even 3 letters and 2 numbers! Wow... Anything else that is available, $1200!! They have been talking about 8 random characters, tho :shock: