Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • No Boring Winter Wheels Here!

• Wanna put on some cool treads?
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

Wanna put on some cool treads?

Moderator: Moderators

#362951  by Sneke_Eyez

So my 04 Special came with the 18'' Special Wheels, but when I bought the car they were chipped, scratched, rashed, you name it.

I eventually swapped them out for some 2012 Chrysler 300S wheels, but I decided to use them for my snow tires this season.
Rather than leave them looking drab, I decided to plasti-dip them.
I am obviously a fan of plasti-dip what with my 2002 Intrepid being completely liquid wrapped.

Aluminium plasti-dip will refresh a set of Special wheels and make them look OEM, but I wanted to keep things interesting when doing it:

The wheels are done in Deep Sea Blue Pearl, one of dipyourcar.com's aerosol dip pearls.
I am a big, big fan of the color.
 #362953  by snstr_auto

The color really stands out. I have been debating on dipping the wheels for my winter beater to give it a bit of personality
 #362954  by LUNAT1C

Very interesting. And here I am just negotiating a set of used winter wheels and tires... Though mine will be year round... And also all terrain...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
 #362961  by beespecial

Wow! Those look really good. Considering the phenomenal job you did on your Intrepid though, I'm not surprised. Good job Ryan.
 #362964  by hrmwrm

turned out nice. i used a set of 1st gens for my winter rims with a simple gloss black.
if i ever do them again i'd give the same thing as you a try.
 #362967  by M-Pressive

They look really good in person!

I will be dipping the cladding of the black car this color in the spring if I still own it.
Sneke_Eyez liked this
 #363041  by Shawn1301

I'm also on the 1G rim train
Image Winter ready!
 #363128  by First Lady

Pictures don't do them justice, in person they have this really cool opalescent sheen to them! Great work Ryan!!
Sneke_Eyez liked this
 #363155  by FalKen

Ryan. you mentioned you used aerosol. how many cans and what did you clean the wheels with so It would stick well? I was thinking of doing this for my winters with a different color. they look great!
Sneke_Eyez liked this
 #363174  by Sneke_Eyez

For prep I used dipyourcar.com's pre-dip spray. Stuff works great.
I scrubbed the wheels, gave them a light scuff and sanding with a scotchbrite pad, then wet them down with pre-dip and wiped down with a super clean microfiber.

Then I used 4 cans of black plasti dip as the base so that it would peel well whenever I need to do that. Then 3 cans of the aerosol dip-pearl color.

This is the first time I've used aerosol plasti-dip cans in coolish weather.
I heated them up in a pan of semi-hot water first at the recommendation of my the plasti-dip groups on Facebook and the plasti-dip came out very, very smooth.
I think I will plan to heat them up from now on, even in the warmer months.

Thanks!