Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • M-Pressive's 2017 Dodge Charger Daytona 392

• A place to talk about your non-LH current or former vehicles.
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

A place to talk about your non-LH current or former vehicles.

Moderator: Moderators

#373156  by M-Pressive

I figured it was time to start a thread dedicated to the Charger, mods have started to make their way on the car and into the household.

Since buying the car in June of 2017 we have put 1,700 miles on it. It has spent the entire winter tucked away in the garage and anxiously awaits clean streets and warm weather before it makes a return.

Bought it with every option that could be added-
Beats Audio
Navigation
Technology Group
Driver Confidence Group
Sunroof
Daytona Sticker Package (including roof)

Here are some pictures of it when we picked it up-

We brought it home and dropped it off for a full clear liquid wrap on the nose and mirrors-

beespecial, monte4 liked this
 #373157  by M-Pressive

We took it to a couple of shows last summer, it did really well even though I don't consider it a show car-

beespecial liked this
 #373158  by M-Pressive

Sprinkle in some tasteful mods and the car has really come together!

Spruced up the fob and added a keychain-

Viper push start-
Original button was black

Hellcat paddle shifters-
Hellcat paddle is on the left

Heated/cooled cupholder-

New ceramic front pads (OEM pads threw awful dust off)-

High-flow air filter (color of OEM one did not belong in the engine bay)-

OEM Daytona car cover-
This is how it sat all winter.
beespecial, First Lady liked this
 #373159  by M-Pressive

I have a pile of stuff from the winter as well that will go on the car very soon.

Hellcat steering wheel
Roof spoiler
Rear diffuser
Brass monkey Daytona lettering
Ceramic rear pads

I need to book an appointment for window tint and ceramic coating as well. Will posts pics once I get some of this stuff done.

I am trying to resist the urge to modify it, as you can see that is not going well so far.....
beespecial, First Lady, dcsally97 and 1 others liked this
 #373167  by dcsally97

Very nice car Keith. The color is unique. Maybe you could bring it to Carlisle and we can all take turns driving it, lol.
 #373173  by EasyRider300M

Road and Track had a nice article about the Charger Daytona 392...that's one powerful car..it must turn a lot of heads

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/f ... rst-drive/
M-Pressive liked this
 #373176  by M-Pressive

EasyRider300M wrote: April 19th, 2018, 4:10 pm Road and Track had a nice article about the Charger Daytona 392...that's one powerful car..it must turn a lot of heads

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/f ... rst-drive/
That sums it up pretty well. The car gets a lot of looks.

Cold starts will make you jump if you don't know the car is going to make noise.
 #373177  by M-Pressive

dcsally97 wrote: April 19th, 2018, 2:00 pm Very nice car Keith. The color is unique. Maybe you could bring it to Carlisle and we can all take turns driving it, lol.
The way things are going this may be what I drive there.
 #373264  by M-Pressive

Swapped in the Hellcat flat bottom wheel today!

Before-

After-

I think it looks great and is way more substantial then the standard one.
 #373268  by dcsally97

Sweet upgrades Keith. Both look very nice.
 #373281  by Sneke_Eyez

Love that Hellcat wheel!
M-Pressive liked this
 #373286  by TinCanSailor

Nice Daytona! I bought a 2017 R/T 392 about the same time as you bought yours. I have kept it largely stock, but last week I did replace the mid-muffler with a Dynomax race bullet muffler. It made it sound a hell of a lot better... the cold start is a bit much, particularly at 5:30 as I start it up and rumble out of the neighborhood. I know it wakes up my wife, but so far the neighbors haven't complained!

I replaced the 392 airbox with a Hellcat airbox. The airbox seems like it will flow better - smoother air flow, and it adds the tube to take air from the front grill, which drops air intake much closer to ambient. The whole package was about $135 or so.

I also bought a Tazer so I could unlock many of the Hellcat goodies that are already in the car's computer.

Future mods will include an aFe Silver Bullet throttle body spacer, and a strut tower brace.
M-Pressive liked this
 #373288  by M-Pressive

TinCanSailor wrote: April 23rd, 2018, 12:09 pm Nice Daytona! I bought a 2017 R/T 392 about the same time as you bought yours. I have kept it largely stock, but last week I did replace the mid-muffler with a Dynomax race bullet muffler. It made it sound a hell of a lot better... the cold start is a bit much, particularly at 5:30 as I start it up and rumble out of the neighborhood. I know it wakes up my wife, but so far the neighbors haven't complained!

I replaced the 392 airbox with a Hellcat airbox. The airbox seems like it will flow better - smoother air flow, and it adds the tube to take air from the front grill, which drops air intake much closer to ambient. The whole package was about $135 or so.

I also bought a Tazer so I could unlock many of the Hellcat goodies that are already in the car's computer.

Future mods will include an aFe Silver Bullet throttle body spacer, and a strut tower brace.
Thanks!

Tazer is on my short list as well. Where did you get it from?

What strut brace are you thinking of getting?
 #373290  by TinCanSailor

Also - where did you get the diffuser? I like the look. I've seen a few online, but most of them drop the fins down too far for my liking.
TinCanSailor wrote: April 23rd, 2018, 12:09 pm Nice Daytona! I bought a 2017 R/T 392 about the same time as you bought yours. I have kept it largely stock, but last week I did replace the mid-muffler with a Dynomax race bullet muffler. It made it sound a hell of a lot better... the cold start is a bit much, particularly at 5:30 as I start it up and rumble out of the neighborhood. I know it wakes up my wife, but so far the neighbors haven't complained!

#373291  by TinCanSailor

M-Pressive wrote: April 23rd, 2018, 12:33 pm

Thanks!

Tazer is on my short list as well. Where did you get it from?

What strut brace are you thinking of getting?
I am looking at the speedlogix strut brace. http://www.speedlogixstore.com/product- ... 6-5011.htm

I think I got the Tazer directly from the manufacturer. I paid $249 for it and it is easy to update via their website, and easy to use. It unlocks a lot for a small amount of money. Since the capabilities are already in our cars, it would be nice if the factory would unlock them. I'm sure that they don't because of either lawyers or to make the higher end cars (Hellcat) that much more special. However, if they would have included a $100-200 option allowing us to unlock the software off the showroom floor, it would be a no-brainer for them or us!
 #373294  by M-Pressive

Diffuser came from Ikon Motorsports. They seem to be sold out right now but have them fairly frequently.

Fitment was on point, I recommend it.

Thanks for the info about the brace and Tazer. I think the Tazer is next on my list.
 #373304  by LUNAT1C

M-Pressive wrote: April 19th, 2018, 7:59 am I am trying to resist the urge to modify it, as you can see that is not going well so far.....
When I ordered my JKU, I swore I wouldn't do any big modifications until the bumper to bumper warranty expired and I'd had much of it paid off.

6 months later I had the rock sliders, lift kit, wheels and tires, and HD tailgate hinge with adjustable tire carrier installed...

... at least I waited until last September before upgrading to steel bumpers... I'm avoiding looking at winches and heat reduction hoods as hard as I can.
 #373309  by M-Pressive

Tint appointment is booked.

May 1st!