Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • The Days Inn A new Beginning Countdown

• This is the place for off-topic discussions
Membership Banner

This is the place for off-topic discussions

Moderator: Moderators

#381935  by FIREM

We are officially official South Carolina residents since noon today. Unloaded essentials from FIREM so we a can live here on air mattresses for now. Unfortunately worldly goods do not arrive until Tuesday 1/21 but we will survive. Mr President please update our address to 8204 Eastwind Ct. Myrtle Beach SC 29759
beespecial liked this
 #381942  by beespecial

Congratulations Bob and Darlene! Barb and I wish for you the very best memories in this home as you had in the home you left.
 #381943  by Legenbas

So glad you guys made it safe to your new home. Congratulations on becoming South Carolina residents. I am sure it’s beautiful down there.
 #381972  by Sneke_Eyez

Congratulations, Bob and Darlene! Good luck with the move in!
 #381978  by LUNAT1C

So... how long before "the shop" is open for business? 8)
 #381985  by FIREM

LUNAT1C wrote: January 21st, 2020, 3:48 pm So... how long before "the shop" is open for business? 8)
Oh that may take a while, hopefully by Carlisle.......but who can spot the first mod?????
 #381988  by dcsally97

What's under the garage door locks/handles?
 #381991  by dcsally97

I knew it was something with the garage.
 #381992  by FIREM

Windows in the garage door for the win. Small door to follow. Had to get some natural light in there.
 #381994  by adu1982

Where did you get those? I've been thinking about them, even though I have my doors insulated, so I'll loose some of that insulation if I put some.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

#381995  by FIREM

The builder actually gave me that one as it was incorrectly shipped for another house. When I get back "home" I will contact the door manufacturer and order a replacement panel with the windows installed. Most garage door companies offer window panels as an option.
 #382002  by LUNAT1C

Certainly something to keep in mind as we shop... very rarely do I see garage doors with windows.
 #382008  by adu1982

While I have you on this subject, do they give good enough light or you still need lights during the day?

While my walls aren't yet insulate (concrete block house) I still sometimes keep the garage closed during the summer days when I work on the car, as my portable ac manages to keep the temps in the 80s While outside it hits 100s with burning skin sun...... (I did insulate the ceiling and garage door )

#382012  by LUNAT1C

adu1982 wrote: January 22nd, 2020, 11:04 am While I have you on this subject, do they give good enough light or you still need lights during the day?

While my walls aren't yet insulate (concrete block house) I still sometimes keep the garage closed during the summer days when I work on the car, as my portable ac manages to keep the temps in the 80s While outside it hits 100s with burning skin sun...... (I did insulate the ceiling and garage door )

My limited experience with windowed garage bay doors (the old house in Boca Raton had them, plus regular windows on the wall facing the street, and some friends homes in NJ) is you get enough light to see where you're walking around and see what you're doing in general, but if you're working on a project you should have the door open or artificial lights on.
 #382016  by adu1982

That's what I was afraid of. I have planty of light (daylight bulbs)....I added them when I did the insulation. Might just leave it alone for insulation purposes.

#382115  by FIREM

Last post from this IP address.
I am Officially RETIRED
Next stop, The New Day's Inn
M-Pressive, Sneke_Eyez, KxWarrior and 3 others liked this
 #382116  by In-trepid

Congratulations! The new life begins.
 #382117  by dcsally97

Congrats Bob.
 #382118  by Sneke_Eyez

Congratulations, Bob! Safe travels to SC!