Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • The Days Inn A new Beginning Countdown

• This is the place for off-topic discussions
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

This is the place for off-topic discussions

Moderator: Moderators

#381592  by FIREM

After 31 years, countless number of "Mini Meets"/ "Fixin Meets"/ and Sleepovers we are moving on to a new beginning!
Many members have visited and spent some time with us sharing and creating memories.
ImageImage
What started out as a near disaster is now quickly becoming a reality. viewtopic.php?f=49&t=36395
Going to be real busy during this holiday season.
If all goes according to plan.....
13 days we do a final walk thru inspection of "The New days Inn" DONE
25 days all our worldly possessions get loaded on the moving truck TOMORROW
29 days we will become homeless
Now down to 4
31 days we will own our new home SIX
32 Days worldly goods arrive in Myrtle Beach (we hope) 8
then we return to NJ, live in a hotel to finish my commitment to work.
44 days until my last day of work ! 20 and I only have to go there 9 more times!!
Then the "New Beginning " begins. Time to start the next chapter of family, friends, Fixin Meets and all the new memories.
Stay Tuned
M-Pressive, beespecial, StealthM and 1 others liked this
 #381594  by Haggis

Wow the new “Days Inn” looks beautiful! It’s a huge hassle moving, days full of work then figuring out what goes to the new place and what goes in the donate bin or trash. Plus your doing it in the cold and snow. I don’t envy the stress, but it’s going to be a beautiful new home! Congrats on your new home!
 #381595  by LUNAT1C

I can only imagine the excitement of starting a new chapter in a new place, of retiring, and the sadness of leaving behind so many memories. I still remember walking through my parents' house one last time after the truck had left and the new owners were already dropping stuff off in the garage... it felt so surreal. I hadn't seen the house that empty since late 1996 and basically had grown up there (moved June 2010).

I wish we could help. We're starting the process of buying our first home, so all the emotions aren't too dissimilar. Glad you and Darlene don't have to have the headache of owning two homes at once and you're able to make the transition quite smoothly, though I'm guessing Darlene will be left to her own devices (maybe happily, having free reign? :D) for that 13 day gap from owning the New Days Inn to official retirement?
 #381597  by beespecial

Oohh, everything is getting so close! The new house looks great. I certainly don't envy you having so many major life changes happening at once but if anybody can handle it, it's you. Congrats on getting to 44 days to go. It will pass in a flash and then you can join the ROMEOs with me. (Retired Old Men Eating Out) :lol:
 #381605  by First Lady

Yay!!! Love when a plan comes together!!!
 #381606  by First Lady

LUNAT1C wrote:We're starting the process of buying our first home, so all the emotions aren't too dissimilar.
Wait, what?! Do tell!!!!! Where?! Timeline?! Details!!!!!!
 #381608  by FIREM

Thanks all, cant wait to have the first of many visitors ! Family is always welcome!
Added a few details to the OP
Unfortunately we will own and furnish the house, return to NJ to finish work. then drive FIREM down to its new home as the ODO rolls to 200K !
 #381611  by adu1982

Congrats, my dad plans to retire early next year and moving back up north from down south (Miami back to Jax)......

We need to have a Florida meet.....
The M will surely love the weather ...... especially at 200k

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

#381618  by Sneke_Eyez

Congratulations, Bob! That is quite the timeline!

I am grateful for your and Darlene's hospitality in my several stays at the Days Inn and the use of your garage and tools several times as we worked on Keith's car.

Good luck with this next chapter - and particularly packing - I know how much of a process it can be...
 #381624  by LUNAT1C

First Lady wrote: December 17th, 2019, 8:05 pm
LUNAT1C wrote:We're starting the process of buying our first home, so all the emotions aren't too dissimilar.
Soonish. Our current lease expires at the end of May, and we're beyond tired of renting. The call to own, and do as we please with the garage, game room, trophy room, etc. is strong. Currently looking to stay near where we are now. We went on a summer road trip up north around labor day and really started to appreciate Michigan a lot more, having seen more than just the SE corner of the state.

How long will we stay? Who knows. Not forever though. Probably another 3-5+ years depending on how the job market for engineering pans out in warmer parts of the country. At least, the parts that appeal to us.
 #381663  by First Lady

LUNAT1C wrote: December 18th, 2019, 6:52 pm
First Lady wrote: December 17th, 2019, 8:05 pm
Soonish. Our current lease expires at the end of May, and we're beyond tired of renting. The call to own, and do as we please with the garage, game room, trophy room, etc. is strong. Currently looking to stay near where we are now. We went on a summer road trip up north around labor day and really started to appreciate Michigan a lot more, having seen more than just the SE corner of the state.

How long will we stay? Who knows. Not forever though. Probably another 3-5+ years depending on how the job market for engineering pans out in warmer parts of the country. At least, the parts that appeal to us.
Wow, congratulations!! That's super exciting!! I'm so happy for you guys!! We're right there with on the renting thing...while we have it rather nice, we can not wait to own something!!! I feel like we know everything we want and ready to sign the dotted line....but just not sure where!! Can't wait to hear how it all goes...I've loved trolling the real estate markets in all the places we're considering!! Keep me posted!!!!
 #381668  by FIREM

Congrats Robert & Nick. Hope you can fine a "dream" like we have.
Things are falling into place per the plan and we are excited, hope it goes as well for you.
 #381678  by 00R/T

Congrats!

Are you guys right in Myrtle Beach or one of the surrounding communities? My parents are headed down next year sometime after my mom retires in June. They just haven’t decided on the exact location yet.
 #381679  by FIREM

We are still learning the area so this is what I know so far.....
Myrtle Beach "Conway area"
Clear Pond Community, 10-15 minute ride to the beach.
 #381720  by FIREM

Somehow this happened today Image
beespecial, First Lady, LUNAT1C and 2 others liked this
 #381723  by EasyRider300M

is that a large oil spot in the driveway...nah...couldn't be.
 #381725  by FIREM

Water from the A/C. Nice and warm here in SC
 #381727  by LUNAT1C

FireM looks right at home!
 #381744  by FIREM

While we were on our "New Home Inspection trip" this happend.
Unfortunately the trip home was marred with a blown upper radiator hose that sidelined us for about an hour and a half. Limped off the highway to a Jiffy Lube for a quick fix and back to NJ to ring in the New Year one last time.
beespecial, Sneke_Eyez liked this
 #381745  by EasyRider300M

You had an accident and flipped the car?