Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • We Lost A Great One Today

Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

Moderator: Moderators

#384138  by Sneke_Eyez

I just do not have adequate words for this.

He was such a great guy, always so happy to see me at Carlisle... and he was so happy to be retiring.
KxWarrior, First Lady liked this
 #384140  by In-trepid

After reading through all of these posts, I just feel like I want to post again. I have nothing to add that hasn't already been said, but after 24 hours I still find myself thinking about John and how he touched my life and the lives of others. Maybe it's that we both grew up in the same era, liked some of the same things as far as cars, music, etc., or maybe it's just that John was that kind of friend to everyone - regardless of if you were his age, his children's age, or his grand children's age. I found working with John to be a unique and enlightening experience. We tackled two projects over the last year and a half, the first a dash replacement, and the second an oil pan and transmission lines replacement. In both cases, John told me up front that he had never done these before, but would be willing to help. On both projects, he was right in the thick of things with the rest of us and offered great advice that made the jobs a sucess. John wasn't afraid to tackle anything. John lived life to it's fullest. He loved his family, loved his car, and loved this club and all of it's members. Today, I realized that I don't know that I have ever lost someone other than immediate family that I cared about like I did for John. He was a great person and a great friend.
 #384149  by M-Pressive

It's taken me a few days to get a post together to add here that adequately summarizes my feelings about John.

Some of my fondest memories in this club involve John.

A trip to Indy in 2013 when John was recovering from surgery but couldn't stay away from the group.
Another Indy trip to see the race when it was so hot that we melted while watching in the stands with each other.
Sitting in the parking lot of the hotel with Bill and John till 4am talking about the club while enjoying some beers together.
Sitting on the street in Ocean City drinking rum buckets while laughing so hard it hurt
Spending time under his small tent at Carlisle each year. He would always make sure I had a beer or something to drink. He knew I was running around and just needed to slow down for a bit.
Last year John was not able to make the OC meet but he found us on the numerous cameras as we were driving in the parade and sitting at the inlet. He so wanted to be there and we were texting all weekend. Joking and laughing and missing each other.

There are so many more I could list here. My fondest memories have nothing to do with the cars that initially brought us together. It has to do with sharing time with my friend. He was so amazing at keeping me grounded with the club as I continued to act as President. Hearing I was doing a good job from John was so important to me and is one of the main reasons I have stayed on over the years.

I will miss those moments, the moments that have nothing to do with the cars.

Rest easy John.
LUNAT1C, Sneke_Eyez, KxWarrior and 1 others liked this
 #384181  by monte4

I haven't been on the forum for a few days and I see this. What tragic news. Unfortunately I never met John but from what I'm reading here he sure had a special place in everyone's hearts. He had a great amount of knowledge of our cars and was eager to share it with us all. My thoughts and prayers to his family.
First Lady liked this
 #384188  by sparky99

monte4 wrote: May 18th, 2020, 12:12 pm I haven't been on the forum for a few days and I see this. What tragic news. Unfortunately I never met John but from what I'm reading here he sure had a special place in everyone's hearts. He had a great amount of knowledge of our cars and was eager to share it with us all. My thoughts and prayers to his family.
He really was a great guy. Gone way too soon.

I keep reading through this thread and am overjoyed with all the responses! It shows how much love we have for one another. Just proves how much of a family this club really is.
First Lady liked this
 #384192  by FIREM

John loved the month of May for a great reason.
The Turn 1 Crew paid tribute to John in a Special way.
M-Pressive, dcsally97, LUNAT1C and 3 others liked this
 #384193  by dcsally97

FIREM wrote: May 19th, 2020, 8:01 am John loved the month of May for a great reason.
What a great tribute. Thanks for posting Bob. He was an awesome guy.
First Lady liked this
 #384202  by First Lady

FIREM wrote: May 19th, 2020, 8:01 am John loved the month of May for a great reason.
Thanks for adding here Bob!! It was great to see Barb share this on her Facebook account and I love that they were able to get together to do this!
 #384203  by First Lady

As we all continue to grieve the loss of John, I'd love to share a great piece of work that Mike Brawley created as a tribute to this amazing man.

So nice to see his happy face here!
dcsally97, FIREM, sparky99 and 1 others liked this
 #384204  by DDTOP

Still struggling to accept that John is gone! This is such a beautiful tribute to the kindest man I've ever known! I can't find words that will ever express how it feels, but i know everyone who knew him feels it to! May God grant peace to Barb and the girls.....how I wish we lived closer!
First Lady, sparky99 liked this
 #384205  by BigMike60

My Best friend. Indy nut. 300M'er to the max. Was just stunned when Barb called with the news. I hadn't bawled in a long time, but I did that day. And Covid will cause a delay for even a memorial service. Just a bad deal all around.
 #384211  by 2001Intrepid18

First Lady wrote: May 19th, 2020, 3:59 pm As we all continue to grieve the loss of John, I'd love to share a great piece of work that Mike Brawley created as a tribute to this amazing man.

So nice to see his happy face here!
There goes my darn waterworks now 😭😭 such an amazing guy gone too soon. I’ll miss seeing his smiling face walking up to me and my family to give me a firm handshake and a hug💔
 #384212  by First Lady

2001Intrepid18 wrote: May 19th, 2020, 8:38 pm
There goes my darn waterworks now 😭😭 such an amazing guy gone too soon. I’ll miss seeing his smiling face walking up to me and my family to give me a firm handshake and a hug💔
I hear you...for the world's biggest crier this is the hardest!! I've cried every day but keep hearing John telling me to stop crying and come sit down and have a beer. I share your tears Nick!!
 #384230  by dcsally97

Just want to share. After Carlisle 2018 we took a family vacation a week later to Daytona. We saw this coming back from a miniature golf night and it made me think of John. He was drinking Landshark at the hotel parking lot. I sent him the picture, and he got a good laugh!

#384243  by First Lady

dcsally97 wrote:Just want to share. After Carlisle 2018 we took a family vacation a week later to Daytona. We saw this coming back from a miniature golf night and it made me think of John. He was drinking Landshark at the hotel parking lot. I sent him the picture, and he got a good laugh!

That’s awesome Doug!! There was many a time we’d see a margaritaville and would send a picture to John!! Glad I’ll still have these regular reminders of him but sad not to be able to text him!
 #384244  by First Lady

Here’s a second obituary that represents John so well:

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/indys ... =196222701
Sneke_Eyez liked this
 #384329  by sparky99

A few days ago, I ordered a couple stickers. Today, I installed them.

These will always remind me of our friend. He was the first one to comment when I put one on the old back window. I noticed that quite a few of us have them on the lower left of the windshield as well.
here they are.

Sneke_Eyez, monte4, First Lady and 2 others liked this
 #384339  by First Lady

That's awesome Robert!! Keith and I also made a purchase from the IMS store - we got a handful of wings like that and decided we'll always have one in all our cars. Tucking the spares away for now. We also got chairs which we had been wanting for a long time. Just a few little things that will continue to keep John in our daily life and honor our dear friend.
 #384342  by M-Pressive

First Lady wrote: May 28th, 2020, 5:52 pm That's awesome Robert!! Keith and I also made a purchase from the IMS store - we got a handful of wings like that and decided we'll always have one in all our cars. Tucking the spares away for now. We also got chairs which we had been wanting for a long time. Just a few little things that will continue to keep John in our daily life and honor our dear friend.
We grabbed an Indy flag for the garage as well.