Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Struts Front and Rear, It is a good deal to buy a set of 4 struts for 180 usd?

• Discussions on suspension & steering repairs or upgrades.
Membership Banner

Discussions on suspension & steering repairs or upgrades.

Moderator: Moderators

#384842  by geralopez

I need to replace all the struts in my M, I have seen some brands here at my country like Monroe and Duralast from Autozone. I know that Monroe is known as good quality products manufacturer and against Duralast of course Monore is superior. At this time I don't want to spend a lot of money in this issue cause I'm planning to go later (maybe a year) for airstruts or airbags for my suspension, now the main question is, have you any experience about Duralats struts? Autozone offer a 4 years warranty, and actually it is an offer to buy 4 items for the price of 3 (4x3). I would like to take the decision today to get the offer. Normally in regular and normal times I buy all related parts in the USA but at this time it is impossible due covid-19. Thanks for you help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 #384844  by dcsally97

These are what I have. They are a little more expensive, but much better than Monroe and Duralast. You may be able to find them cheaper on other websites (Amazon or RockAuto).

Front
https://www.autozone.com/suspension-ste ... 71487_2888
https://www.autozone.com/suspension-ste ... 71489_2888

Rear
https://www.autozone.com/suspension-ste ... 64303_2888
 #384917  by LUNAT1C

I think the answer depends on what you want to get out of them. I don't know the longevity of Duralast, or the ride comfort. If the ride comfort is good enough and folks report longevity more than 1 year, then it's a good option to hold you over until you're ready for the air suspension.

When it comes time for me to replace my struts, it will be with KYB GR-2 struts. Unless I have the cash and patience handy for going to air ride... which I doubt I will. :lol:
 #385075  by 4thgenChryslerfam

LUNAT1C wrote: July 7th, 2020, 3:34 pm I think the answer depends on what you want to get out of them. I don't know the longevity of Duralast, or the ride comfort. If the ride comfort is good enough and folks report longevity more than 1 year, then it's a good option to hold you over until you're ready for the air suspension.

When it comes time for me to replace my struts, it will be with KYB GR-2 struts. Unless I have the cash and patience handy for going to air ride... which I doubt I will. :lol:

Hey Robert, can you post or PM a part # or link for these? I can't seem to find a website that says it fits our vehicles
 #385079  by LUNAT1C

4thgenChryslerfam wrote: July 15th, 2020, 4:49 pm
Hey Robert, can you post or PM a part # or link for these? I can't seem to find a website that says it fits our vehicles
Rock Auto carries it for rear, front left, front right.

Rear: KYB 235619 GR-2 / Excel-G
Front left: KYB 235618 GR-2 / Excel-G
Front right: KYB 235617 GR-2 / Excel-G
4thgenChryslerfam liked this