Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Trans was fine now wont move in any gear

• Speed Sensors and ATF+4 and the like
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

Speed Sensors and ATF+4 and the like

Moderator: Moderators

#386761  by 303 300m special

Well it drove fine last night then went outside this morning drove about .5 of a mole stoped at light and it felt like ot was slipping turned around i made it home it would grab then slip now it does grab when reved up for a few seconds could it be valve body or silonoid or do i need a complete trans rebuild
 #386762  by adu1982

When my torque converter wouldn't engage (now mind you mine had no signs other than codes....no coffee grinds, no issues, just seemed quieter) I just replaced all of it as I found a 2.7 tranny with 58k miles for 250$......Also got I think almost 50$ for the old one at my near metal collector...... To me that was just less of a headache.....Used car-part.com

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

#386839  by 303 300m special

303 300m special wrote:Well it drove fine last night then went outside this morning drove about .5 of a mole stoped at light and it felt like ot was slipping turned around i made it home it would grab then slip now it does grab when reved up for a few seconds could it be valve body or silonoid or do i need a complete trans rebuild
303 300m special wrote: December 11th, 2020, 3:59 am Well it drove fine last night then went outside this morning drove about .5 of a mole stoped at light and it felt like ot was slipping turned around i made it home it would grab then slip now it does grab when reved up for a few seconds could it be valve body or silonoid or do i need a complete trans rebuild
Well replaced valve body and silonoid ran good for like 40 miles now it goes for a few seconds then it feels like it disengages and i have to pull ovr turn it off and it drives again till it happens again stumped dont know what problem could be
 #386841  by M-Pressive

Sounds like you have bigger issues then the valve body and solenoid.

Is it the torque converter?
 #386848  by 303 300m special

Well dont know what to do it does the same thing codes say 2nd gear ratio error it dont change out of gear but reverse works fine could it be tcm cause it worked fine then i parked it one night then this happend
 #386849  by M-Pressive

303 300m special wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 3:52 am Well dont know what to do it does the same thing codes say 2nd gear ratio error it dont change out of gear but reverse works fine could it be tcm cause it worked fine then i parked it one night then this happend
I feel like guessing isn't the right solution here.

It may be time to take it somewhere to have them diagnose it.
 #386850  by LUNAT1C

I agree. I would take it to a shop that strictly deals in transmissions, perhaps call around and ask them how much experience they have with the 42LE/A606 Chrysler FWD 4-speed transaxle. Go to one that at least has some experience with it.

Do not go to the dealer or to any general mechanic (Goodyear, Firestone, Jiffy Lube, etc.) as they'll hardly look it before telling you to replace the trans, because they don't want to diagnose it. A transmission repair facility is what you want. I had mine rebuilt at a place walking distance from my old office called Troy Transmissions, drivetrain is all they did and they were familiar with the A606.
 #386871  by hrmwrm

303 300m special wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 3:52 am Well dont know what to do it does the same thing codes say 2nd gear ratio error it dont change out of gear but reverse works fine could it be tcm cause it worked fine then i parked it one night then this happend
ratio error sounds like speed sensor not right.
it's going into limp mode, which is second gear.
you may want to get it scanned professionally to find the repairs most used to repair that code.
google would help that.