Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • 2019 Still Night Pearl Honda Accord Sport 1.5T -Sparky99

• A place to talk about your non-LH current or former vehicles.
Membership Banner

A place to talk about your non-LH current or former vehicles.

Moderator: Moderators

#387332  by sparky99

Well guys and gals, I did it. I traded in the Intrepid for a new car (well, newish but new to me). I picked up a 2019 Honda Accord Sport 1.5T
Its not a power house but I feel like its got way more get up and go than the LH cars I've owned.

Specs as follows:
2019 Accord Sport
Still Night Pearl (blue that looks purple in some lighting)
1.5T
CVT automatic transmission
Steering wheel mounted paddle shifters
19" wheels wrapped in goodyear rubber (NOT good in the snow LOL)
13,200 miles
Adaptive Cruise control
Lane keep assist
Lane departure warning

I don't really have many mods planned for this car. But here they are:
Window Tint
Intake
maybe look into Katskin Leather upgrade, but not sure...
some Summer wheels/tires

I hope to get some interior pictures soon. Its been really crappy weather the past couple weeks. The car is already dirty and needs cleaned up.
Here are the pictures I have so far.

screen shot after I found it on Cargurus.com

The night I drove by it to see what it looked like in person.

last photo including the Intrepid!

red, white and blue!

after a fresh wash!

I plan to document this car on here. So y'all can't get rid of me that easy!!!
First Lady liked this
 #387335  by Sneke_Eyez

God, Still Night Pearl is one of the greatest factory colors currently made.

I love it so much that while I'm out on the road I am known to exclaim "Still Night Pearl!" whenever I see one.
Ashley will sometimes say it preemptively if she sees one before I do.

Also, I enjoy the fact that the photo with the Intrepid also has an M in it!

I'm glad you've bought something you are enjoying!
sparky99 liked this
 #387342  by M-Pressive

Getting a new car is exciting!

Congrats. You deserve it!
sparky99 liked this
 #387349  by sparky99

Thanks everyone!

I love the Blue! Its very refreshing and not normally my wheel house.

I agree on the Color Ryan. Its very unique, but not too flashy! I was set out to get a pearl white one, but as soon as I saw the blue, I liked it.

A new car is a great feeling. It is nice knowing that I don't have to really worry about it. It has a killer warranty, and well, its really nice.
 #387365  by sparky99

you know what sucks?
Having a car and not being able to leave it alone.... LOL!

I picked up a "PRL Motorsports" Stage 1 Intake.
Its just the tube that runs from the filter box to the charge piping. Oh, It comes with a new "free flowing" air filter insert. (like a K&N)
got it lightly used. I will install once it gets a little warmer.
I am going to talk with a tint shop soon about tinting the windows and maybe the tail lights (wrap) but I'm not sure if I really want to tint the tail lights yet.

Oh, also... I washed it again on Friday... but its dirty already!

Bob's Rule of thumb doesn't exactly work on snow/salt.....
First Lady liked this
 #387368  by First Lady

Want to see my surprise face?!

Not surprising AT ALL my friend!!!!!

Love that you're already loving on it so much!!!! To be expected!!!

Enjoy every second of it!!!
 #387374  by Sneke_Eyez

Who could possibly leave a car alone?!
 #387380  by sparky99

Sneke_Eyez wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 10:29 am Who could possibly leave a car alone?!
ugh!! not me! lol!
Sneke_Eyez liked this
 #387381  by sparky99

First Lady wrote: February 22nd, 2021, 10:05 pm Want to see my surprise face?!

Not surprising AT ALL my friend!!!!!

Love that you're already loving on it so much!!!! To be expected!!!

Enjoy every second of it!!!
I am so far! its really nice! Plus the turbo is a blast!
 #387386  by FIREM

Doesn't take long for the Mod Bug to strike!!
 #387424  by sparky99

I picked up a new key fob (from Honda) from an EX-L. Those trim levels come with factory remote start. There is a "hack" they call it, but its not really a hack. But you can buy that fob and have it programmed to my car and I will then have remote start as well. I picked up the remote on Friday. I still have connections and get a discount. (that's the dealer I worked at, so I got it for 80 bucks!

Tomorrow, I will go get my plates and get the fob programmed and it will have remote start afterwards!

also, I washed it again! LOL

I cannot keep this car out of the car wash...
M-Pressive liked this
 #387426  by First Lady

Ohhhhh!! That will be so nice!! I dream of a remote start. Some day!!

Of course you washed it again!!
sparky99 liked this
 #387430  by sparky99

I've been thinking a lot about getting myself a dual action polisher (porter cable) but just haven't pulled the trigger. The wife's CR-V and this Accord could definitely benefit from it. Price doesn't seem too bad either. I may grab one soon.
What product do you all recommend for paint correction?

Also, If I can do the paint correction, I may look into a diy Ceramic coating and do it myself too.
 #387436  by Sneke_Eyez

I wandered through a Carmax yesterday and they had a Still Night Peal Accord Sport.
What a beautiful color in person!
sparky99 liked this
 #387439  by sparky99

Sneke_Eyez wrote: March 1st, 2021, 2:38 pm I wandered through a Carmax yesterday and they had a Still Night Peal Accord Sport.
What a beautiful color in person!
They really are! seeing them at dusk and then night time with lighting, they're amazing as well..
 #387440  by sparky99

BMV is closed today!!! I took the day off work to be at home with my boy and get plates... Bummer dude!
Probably going to take Wednesday off too.... I'll get plates and the Key Fob program done. It was frustrating but oh, well.

I still haven't gotten interior pics yet. I need to clean up the inside now that we are almost all thawed out and the kids won't be tracking in snow/salt. I'll do that soon and take some pictures.
 #387442  by LUNAT1C

Regarding the DA, I have the Porter Cable 7424 XP (Club favorite) with my a 3.5" disk attached for tighter areas, and Harbor Freight DA with 6" disk attached f or the larger areas. Seems to work well for me. HF unit is about 8+ years old and still rocking (though a cover plate fell off two years ago). For pads I use Meguiar's microfiber matched with their professional line of compounds and polishes (D300, D302). Their consumer line is also very good, M105 and M205 if you don't mine dusting. M110 and M210 supposedly cut down on the dust.

Follow with an IPA wipe, and your favorite protection product. I've been using different waxes and sealants lately and may pick up 303's new Graphene Spray to try out this year on the Jeep and Durango (M will wait since I want to get it painted in May or June).
 #387443  by sparky99

LUNAT1C wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 10:47 am Regarding the DA, I have the Porter Cable 7424 XP (Club favorite) with my a 3.5" disk attached for tighter areas, and Harbor Freight DA with 6" disk attached f or the larger areas. Seems to work well for me. HF unit is about 8+ years old and still rocking (though a cover plate fell off two years ago). For pads I use Meguiar's microfiber matched with their professional line of compounds and polishes (D300, D302). Their consumer line is also very good, M105 and M205 if you don't mine dusting. M110 and M210 supposedly cut down on the dust.

Follow with an IPA wipe, and your favorite protection product. I've been using different waxes and sealants lately and may pick up 303's new Graphene Spray to try out this year on the Jeep and Durango (M will wait since I want to get it painted in May or June).
Honestly, I'm new to this stuff. What's the point of the IPA wipe? to remove any wax/grease before installing final product?
 #387448  by LUNAT1C

IPA wipe removes any residual oils and conditioners left by the compound and polish products. Gives the cleanest possible surface for whatever protectant you apply to thoroughly adhere to the paint.