Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • 2001 nice M for sale

• Club Members Only may Post an ad to buy or sell something
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

Club Members Only may Post an ad to buy or sell something

Moderator: Moderators

#391220  by Countachqv

Just found this by hazard. I am not affiliated to these guys.

https://www.1stchoiceautosales.co/detai ... m/81984866

Pretty low miles and nicely kept. 1 owner. Price is steep but the economy is working on it. Definitely a short list for a club member looking for a great non special example if all fluids changed and TB current.

Front seats looks OK but for that price shots of the engine, under car and direct seat shots would be appropriate without making a call for it.
 #391221  by FIREM

Pass on this maybe 3000 car. Lots of “unusual” notes on maintenance history. May be low miles but cracked dash, pealing door handles, bumper cover paint questionable. Eastern winter (salt) lifetime, Over double priced
 #391222  by Countachqv

FIREM wrote: June 24th, 2022, 9:09 am Pass on this maybe 3000 car. Lots of “unusual” notes on maintenance history. May be low miles but cracked dash, pealing door handles, bumper cover paint questionable. Eastern winter (salt) lifetime, Over double priced
lots of electric checks early but as a 1 owner, I think this got fixed or the owner would have sold much earlier. Seem the mechanical maintenance was done. I wonder why the maintenance list stopped but on some of my cars, they dont list for keeping privacy. However, a M is not a car of value where privacy maybe a concern (although 7.5K is getting up there! LOL).
I did gloss over the defects you pointed out. You are right. I did not look closely behind the nice body since I saw that car looking for something else. Dash and door handles. Not big things and not unusual but for that price you want perfect. Underbody picts would be nice for corrosion.
 #391223  by M-Pressive

Most low mileage ones seem to be in colors I am not interested in.
 #391544  by dbutcher

I also ran across this car, but you beat me to sharing it here, lol.

I think it's way overpriced, but it appears to have been owned by someone who knows and cares about these cars.
I also have a particular fondness for the Cinnamon Glaze metallic paint bc that's the color of the very first M I drove. :ohwell
 #391585  by TrepKing95

Definitely has some interesting warranty history... brakes, power steering rack, spark plugs at 500mi! Looks like its had a couple headlight switches too (no doubt for the interior panel lights flickering). It also had some sort of windshield repair under warranty; but I don't have access to see exactly what. It's only about 40min away from me... Wonder if I should drop in and give them a low ball offer :P
EasyRider300M liked this
 #391587  by Countachqv

TrepKing95 wrote: July 31st, 2022, 11:48 am Definitely has some interesting warranty history... brakes, power steering rack, spark plugs at 500mi! Looks like its had a couple headlight switches too (no doubt for the interior panel lights flickering)...
yeah. the electric issues seem to have been recurrent until 2009 until they finall got fixed. Bad rack can happen. The owner seem to have stuck with the car even after that. So I think the issues got all fixed.

That may means one of 2 things: a bad shop in Baltimore (always the same one) or a lemon that got fixed. for a car like that , over 10 years after lots of issues, the best thing is to drive it and see. All issues can be fixed and stay fixed.

As far as prices, low balling is no longer hip.. lol Prices are still way up. Any bodywork is also simply insane. Just bumper repaint (taken out, lights and other grills off, filling down - just the painting repspray) is $400-450 with tax. I got mine done.
A couple of simple dents not needing any bodywork , just using a suction cup: $300+tax

It is so bad that you are better off replacing the part rather than repainting it... oh wait! cant find any anymore! I dont recall when is the last time I crossed a 300M on the road. I sometimes feel I am driving a model T since it has become so rare! lol.