Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • anyone has a spare sunroof motor?

• Club Members Only may Post an ad to buy or sell something
Membership Banner

Club Members Only may Post an ad to buy or sell something

Moderator: Moderators

#395463  by Countachqv

I need a new sun roof motor for my special.
mine seems to have gone crazy out of nowhere, like opening on close or lifting up on full open. weird stuff
 #395464  by LUNAT1C

The switches are known to occasionally cause issues.
 #395473  by First Lady

Yes! Start with replacing the switch. I believe they are year specific so be sure you’re getting the correct range needed. Keep us posted!
 #395477  by In-trepid

Back by the motor area is a sensor device (sunroof control module) with a little slotted wheel that breaks a beam of light in the sensor (or may be magnetic, I really don't remember) that counts where everything is located at any given time. I have found that the little wheel gets hard to turn over time and tends to miss pulses causing all kinds of weird things to happen.

As others mentioned, I would first try the switch. If it is not that, it's almost certainly the sunroof control module. Before getting a new one, I would take the old one out as a little bench time to free up the little wheel will usually work.
 #395479  by Countachqv

thks for the reply. Did order a motor but seems I may have to go thru a few other things. This happened sudendly and all switches do the wrong things. For now that sun roof will stay closed.
 #395873  by Countachqv

Quick update on this. I am dealing now with A/C compressor issues. I have it failed, bought one that failed 1 month later( clutch) and a 3rd one that has a good clutch but has a low pressure issue. Part quality has gone to the toilet. Ordering the 3rd compressor.
Anyway, a side effect of disconnecting the battery several time for an extended time is that it fixed my sunroof. It took 3 battery disconnexions. The buttons now are normal and have been for about 1 month . This is twighlight zone. So I bought a motor for nothing but I saved on my labor..