Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Don't laugh-it could happen to you !!!!

• Get a vacuum and some Armor-All Leather Wipes. What else do you need?
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

Get a vacuum and some Armor-All Leather Wipes. What else do you need?

Moderator: Moderators

#80752  by mnitetrain

Don't leave cans in a car overnight. Thanks god it wasn't spray paint.

#80754  by IS300M

enjoying that near 100 degree weather up there on the mainland? :twisted:

Its been nice down here on the cape

#80894  by tdhallum

i gotcha beat on that one...two liter bottle on front passenger floorboard..now on seats, dash, behind dash, on top of dash, front seats, rear seats, rear window, every window for that matter, back of rear headrests ?????? :wtf ???? , ceiling, and everywhere else. It happened last summer and every time i clean i still manage to find a spot or two somewhere that seems physically impossible for it to have reached. ironically, pepsi was also the culprit in my "incident". really really really not fun to clean up..... :gripper

#80904  by rckaplaman

I had a super duper big gulp from 7-11 and took a turn to fast and the pepsi tumbled onto the passsanger seat and then proceeded to empty itself all on the seat and drain in the back of the seat on the back passanger floor. I took out all the seats (unbolted them) took the center console out, the back seat and took the carpet out. I cleaned the carpet with a heavy duty machine and replaced the padding. since I was looking at bare metal, I installed dynomat and then new padding. Car is really quite now. It is funny, the inside of the car is HUGE when you do not have the seats and the carpet.

My neighbors think I am insane since every weekend I have my car in peices or an doing something to it.

My whole main concern was bugs and ants finding the soda and make camp in my car.

#81188  by mnitetrain

My worry is BEES!!!

#81896  by JA Cumbo

That's why i don't have food or drinks in my car. :) :)

#81897  by sdmike300m

no kidding! I have a "no eating in dad's car" rule

#95944  by Scotian2

Years ago in my 1990 Buick Regal with fuzzy cloth seats I bought a large Dairy Queen Blizzard for a young friend of mine as we all came back from my dad's cabin. She ate a bit of it, but left it to melt on the trip back. I forgot all about it, and made a quick right turn into a parking lot, and since it was in the front cup holder, it ended up in my lap and all over the car seat. That seat was still hard when I finally got rid of the car.

#97463  by Johnboy300M

rckaplaman wrote:I had a super duper big gulp from 7-11 and took a turn to fast and the pepsi tumbled onto the passsanger seat and then proceeded to empty itself all on the seat and drain in the back of the seat on the back passanger floor.
I noticed that the cup holders are useless at supporting beverages when turning. I lost my coffee in a tall Starbucks travel mug. Thank goodness it was in a leak proof container that was closed.

#97464  by sdmike300m

You think US drink holders have issues, you should see german ones! Holy crap! Don't even think about holding anything bigger than a 12oz can of soda in one. There is an entire industry build around aftermarket cup holders for BMWs. I got a set at http://www.ultimatecupholders.com for about $40. I don't know if they make anything for the M, but maybe take a look. I can do hairpin turns with big gulps and not spill a drop. :)

#97481  by JA Cumbo

I read somewhere that German engineers were puzzled and reluctant to add cup holders to their cars. It was something about they thought it would be dangerous to drink and drive at autobahn speeds.

#97489  by tinman

I bought a VW Jetta Wolfsburg for my daughter. The measly cup holder came out of the dash directly above the radio and CD player, rendering them useless unless you wanted to listen to the same CD or radio station forever.
German Engineering - phooey.

#97528  by Johnboy300M

tinman wrote:I bought a VW Jetta Wolfsburg for my daughter. The measly cup holder came out of the dash directly above the radio and CD player, rendering them useless unless you wanted to listen to the same CD or radio station forever.
German Engineering - phooey.
Single cup holder does the same thing in my friends Subaru Impreza 2.5RS.

#97597  by Antigini

I carry food in my car often. What can I say, i'm hungry a lot. Anyway, the cup holders aren't so great, but i've come into the habit of driving really well with my left hand, and holding onto everything else for dear life. I went to a burger joint a few months ago and had 3 x-large drinks with me, which are the equivalent to a Big Gulp, took a turn and all three spilled out onto the passenger floor. I guess its a good thing it wasn't my M. :lol:

As soon as I got home I cleaned it all up though.

#97607  by JA Cumbo

YIKES!! I get nervous just carrying food in my car... I'd have a stroke, heart attack, and embolism all at once if i spilled all that in my car. :) LOL!!!

#149436  by aliskerov

LMAO karma. Last month I read this thread and thought to myself "What a bunch of idiots, spilling cups out of stock cupholders"... Now, a month later I've spilled a king sized coke and a x-large coffee on my lap from taking turns too fast. Both times on overpasses (dangerous stuff). We should really think of how to perfect our cupholders I have a few ideas in mind.

#149474  by IS300M

aliskerov wrote:LMAO karma. Last month I read this thread and thought to myself "What a bunch of idiots, spilling cups out of stock cupholders"... Now, a month later I've spilled a king sized coke and a x-large coffee on my lap from taking turns too fast. Both times on overpasses (dangerous stuff). We should really think of how to perfect our cupholders I have a few ideas in mind.
I always keep a hand on the cup, and one on the wheel

#149552  by 85merk

JA Cumbo wrote:I read somewhere that German engineers were puzzled and reluctant to add cup holders to their cars. It was something about they thought it would be dangerous to drink and drive at autobahn speeds.
Well then they are idiots because assuming the drink is alcohol such as beer is assinine.
If spilling the drink is a concern, stop making cup holders that are 1" shallow.
Of all the cupholders i've seen, i have to say the ones in the 300M are great!
I wish there was a little more padding but i've yet to spill anything, or have anything tip over while cornering.
Biggest drink i've had was a Big Gulp, barely fit, but because of that, it definitely wasn't gonna move around.

My '85 Grand Marquis has NO cupholders at all...anywhere... :(

#149553  by grayslater

Another thing that irritates me about our cupholders is the vibration noises. Especially if you have two of them in there. I'm always have to rearrange them or place my hand over or around them to prevent the noises.

#149555  by velobard

I like the cupholders just fine except for when I have to reach around a couple of large cups to reach the shifter. Can't have everything, either they're close at hand or out of the way.